Extraordinary Technology Requires Extraordinary People!
Our Distribution business delivers reliable, durable, high performing products for our global partners. You are key to our customers' success. Working with industry leading technology and diagnostic tools, you'll deliver solutions that build your knowledge base and fuel your career.
Expectations for the Downey-based Apprentice Engine Technician :
- Assist with general workshop activities while completing on the job and classroom based training.
- Assist in cleaning, disassembling and other basic workshop activities.
- Learns Standard Repair Times (SRTs) and follows documented procedures and policies to complete basic repairs and maintenance.
- Assists with completing required documentation, such as work completed documentation and time sheets via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and legislation, and reports any issues / incidents to a supervisor
If you want to develop your career with the industry leader who gives you the innovative technology you love to work with and empowers you to deliver a service you can be proud of - then Cummins
is where you need to be.Qualifications: Skills
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work safely
- Capable of following detailed instructions, and continually learn
- Self-motivated team player
- HS Diploma or GED
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Minimal level of work shop experience required or basic level knowledge of engine products
- Basic mechanical knowledge
Base hourly rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits. Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify.
Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins