Primary Purpose of the Job
Major activities/Key challenges
- One-year apprenticeship program centered around Punch Press Operations. Operators will fulfill production demands and cover department net production.
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Must be able to read precision instruments: micrometers, calipers, comparators
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints and inspect parts to meet drawings
- Be able to read, write, and understand English
- Run a secondary operation on a Hydraulic punch press with assistance.
- Ability to interpret a variety instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must be able to run production to 80% efficiency and meet the work order requirements.
- Must comply to all safety policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to lift/move up to 30 pounds.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, and have good communication skills.
Basic QualificationsBasic or Minimum Qualificatins
- Understand safety controls, lockout tag out
- Learn and understand net production and efficiency.
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.