Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms . Sprinkler Apprentice
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we've been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best. This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact. About the role:
Rewards and benefits:
- Sprinkler apprentices assist the foreman/journeymen with the installation of fire sprinkler systems, including start up through final testing.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English, carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds and perform work from unusual and sometimes difficult positions, including attics and on scaffolding.
- Candidate must be able to work from ladders and lifts up to 40 feet or more and adhere to all company safety policies and procedures. Will secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period to prevent damage or loss. Must be able to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer's requirements.
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications: Who we're looking for:
- Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Dependable means of transportation to the employer's place of business and/or jobsite, and to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted.
- Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the Apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.