The Delivery Manager II (DM II) position is a leadership position in the organization in which the individual is responsible for managing one or more application delivery projects/project teams/programs at a time. The Delivery Manager provides delivery assurance of application services for clients through a range of internal and external functions in the following areas: Solution Delivery, Account Management, Service Design Maintenance and Management responsibilities. This role may require up to 50% travel. The postion of Delivery Manager II is distinguished from the Delivery Manager I position by the nature of the engagements or programs involved. As a more advanced Delivery Manager position, a DM II is expected to have the experience and background to perform all the duties described below for engagements of all service types including all those expected of a DM I along with complex deliverable-based, fully outsourced, or extremely large scale engagements or programs. This requirement dictates a clearly more demanding set of skills, educational background and demonstrated experience.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Gain a clear understanding of customers' business requirements and their technical requirements.
* Validate the approach and solution design proposed by collaborating with customers and stakeholders to manage their expectations and resolve business issues in a timely manner.
* Facilitate internal communication and assembling a solution delivery team for new engagements.
* Consolidate project status and budget information across project portfolio.
* Track, manage and report on deliverable attainment and/or SLA (Service Level Agreement) performance.
* Lead, manage, and collaborate with TEKsystems internal employees and stakeholders located in near shore, offshore, or domestic delivery centers and the practices to ensure engagement success.
* Ensure project managers manage risk, project scope, and deliver according to the terms and conditions of our contracts.
* Ensure escalation procedures are documented and communicated to client, consultants, and managers.
* Implement knowledge management strategy and communicate process and procedures.
* Perform issue management and facilitate issue resolution with proper notification to all affected parties.
* Identify and coordinate the change control process.
* Establish an environment of continuous improvement and leverage the TEKsystems value framework to engage the customer in a way that brings additional value to the customer and secures renewals and extensions.
* Perform periodic customer, project, and solution "health checks" with client project teams.
* Ensure customer reference-ability and support on-going relationships.
* Define and implement a Communication Plan that meets project and customer expectations.
* Develop and execute an Account Strategy in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
Service Design and Maintenance
* Collect and provide input into the design, development, implementation and improvement of service offerings and internal processes.
* Work with Application Delivery Practice to improve and implement changes to project delivery processes, methodology, and back office procedures.
* Understand and manage customer requirements (deliverables and environmental factors) to ensure contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
* Ensure application development methodology is followed by team from opportunity assessment to project closeout.
* Financial and contractual responsibility for engagement profitability.
* Explore additional business opportunities and drive future business through quality results.
* Ensure Service Management Office project management methodology is followed on all client engagements.
* Mentor, manage and develop project team members.
* Conduct annual reviews and provide feedback throughout the year on employee performance where required.
* Ensure Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and executed according to internal and consultant HR policies.
Required Education and/or Experience:
* Requires a Bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS or Engineering* 8+ years experience in information technology and/or professional services with a preference for experience at a consulting services provider in a delivery management role.
* 5+ years in IT service management/project management providing project management and daily operational oversight within a professional services delivery environment.
* Strong business acumen with the ability to develop a business case, to gather business requirements, and translate them into a customer solution when required.
* Experience managing, delivering and administrating client professional services agreements including the change management process.
* Must possess a thorough understanding of rapid development methodologies, object oriented analysis and design, application development best practices, and the development of highly scalable, maintainable and secure Web solutions
* Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems * Meet with decision makers, systems owners and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals as well as to identify and resolve systems issues * Stay on top of industry changes and drive innovation of TEKsystems best practices * IT Experience: Application Development Manager at a Forune 500 company.
* In depth understanding of Services Outsourcing, PMI PMBOK. PMP and/or IAOP (Outsourcing Professional) certification a plus.
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
* A thorough and practical understanding of how software applications, modules, features, and functionality are designed for implementation
* A thorough and practical understanding of how software applications and frameworks are created, designed, implemented, re-factored, tested, deployed and supported for the entire lifecycle of the application
* Excellent oral and written communication skills (English language), analysis and problem solving skills as well as excellent time management and organizational skills.
* Experience managing offshore/onshore model and mentoring less experienced team members.
* Ability to design and deliver quality presentations to customers and stakeholders, including the management team.
* Ability to lead, delegate, motivate, and support resources to achieve high delivery demands.
* Demonstrated experience communicating and presenting at senior executive/director levels (IT Director, VP, CIO, etc.)
* Superior people and personnel management skills.
* Demonstrated advanced project data/ risk analysis and correlation/ mitigation skills.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.