The Corporate Finance / Corporate Technology group within Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) is seeking an Application Systems Engineer 4 who will be responsible for development and support of Oracle-based applications using PL/SQL, OFSAAi and data warehouse functionality needed to deliver the best possible solutions to our business partners.
- Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications within Oracle Datamart.
- Analyzes business requirements, architects and writes technical specifications to design or redesign computer solutions.
- Supports OFSAAi data flows using provided out-of-the-box as well as custom T2Ts, rules framework, task and batch schedules, integrates existing flows provided by vendors.
- Installs, configures and troubleshoots OFSAA installations. Participates in upgrades.
- Develops solutions or provides technical guidance to less experienced staff.
- Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs written using SQL, PL/SQL or UNIX scripting
- Participates in overall systems integration testing. Provides input and direction on scope of testing scripts. Maintains testing data for SIT and UAT environments.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots various Oracle performance issues (for both batch processing as well as end-user interaction) in the datamart.
- Performs the migration of applications to production according to the SDLC model.
- Develops documentation, participates in the development of department technical procedures and designs user guides.
- Acts as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting of issues and/or production, application or system problems for various front-end applications, downstream and upstream applications and others.
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan.
Ideal candidate will be an individual who takes ownership of a process and accountability for its day to day activities, is able to work independently or as part of a team, and seeks to work on a diverse range of programming languages.
Note: only work location for this position is onsite in uptown Charlotte, NC.
- 5+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 5+ years of Oracle experience
- 2+ years of UNIX experience
- 2+ years of Perl or Shell experience
- 1 + year of experience writing relational database queries for stored procedures, query optimization and performance tuning
- 1+ year of experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) tools
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and policies
- 3+ years of Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications (OFSAA) experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- Understanding of batch processing and scheduling tools.
- Familiarity with Oracle GL business suite and its processing.
- Experience with OBIEE or other BI tool is a plus.
- Experience with ETL tools (Informatica, ODI, DIH).
- Understanding of Java and .NET-related technologies.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.