Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking Technology is seeking a senior level TERDATA and Informatica developer for the ProfitView application. ProfitView is a Wholesale profitability system that calculates relationship profitability for Wholesale relationships. Profitview is being developed within a highly complex business analytics environment leveraging OFSAA, IPA, Oracle BI, and Teradata.
- Acts as a core Teradata/ETL developer in application design, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
- Verifies program logic by preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
- Works closely with business partners to evaluate business requirements, plan projects and participates in efficient development, delivery and deployments.
- Responsible for collaborating with interface partners as well as ensuring quality throughout the process.
- Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
- Participates as needed in compliance, risk and regulatory processes within Wells Fargo.
- Evaluates enhancement designs for efficiency with a focus on performance.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Teradata experience
- 5+ years of data warehouse experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of UNIX experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desired Qualifications
- 7 + years of experience building data warehouse, datamart or operational datastore systems; experience with database design, data modeling, dimesion modeling concepts, ETL, data development, data integration, data distribution, data quality and analytics.
- 7+ years of direct experience in designing, implementing and supporting applications using TERADATA (Hands on experience in BTEQ, writing complex SQL queries involving aggregation, OLAP functions etc , query tuning,Teradata performance tuning, Teradata utilities like TPTExport / TPTLoad / fastLoad/fast export etc)
- 2+ years of experience in technical areas involving Informatica (or similar) ETL design and implementation.
- Clear understanding of Teradata architecture.
- Clear understanding of RDBMS, BI and dimensional modeling concepts.
- BS/MS Computer Science or other relevant business/technology related graduate degree.
- 4+ years of business expertise in financial services area, especially in wholesale banking subject areas.
- 4+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in Autosys or any other scheduling tool.
- Previous experience with Wholesale technology projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams across multiple locations and time zones.
- Ability to interact with multiple levels within an organization.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven organization and follow-up skills.
NC-Charlotte: 301 S Tryon St - Charlotte, NC
CA-Fremont: 3340 Walnut Ave - Fremont, CA
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
A little about us:
Wells Fargo is committed to hiring and retaining active military personnel and veterans. Our goal is to employ 20,000 veterans by 2020.