Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
We're looking for the new dreamers and doers to join our Step Up to Leadership (S2L) Internship Program! This internship program targets motivated college underclassmen and rising seniors currently enrolled in a 4 year university, who are eager to gain business and leadership experience. The S2L program is designed to provide the tools & resources you'll need to successfully learn our business and position yourself to be considered for our full-time leadership development program, post-graduation. For more about our Early Talent Programs, click here .
Opportunities within the S2L program are focused in eight Career Tracks within our business and provide key milestone experiences specific to each Career Track. These milestones are standardized nationally across all lines of business.
The S2L Program also offers a series professional development trainings to supplement the learning that occurs through structured account experiences, and on-the-job learning. S2L interns can expect:
Facilities Management Career Track:
- A paid 10-12 week experience
- Career readiness training & coaching
- Direct engagement with peers, mentors & managers
- Professional network & personal brand development
- Structured career path conversations and learnings in preparation for potential full-time program placement.
An S2L intern in Facilities Management Career track will be part of the management team responsible for the day to day Facilities/Custodial/Housekeeping Operations within a specific Aramark account. The Facilities positions will include organizing, directing, supervising and coordinating preventive maintenance and custodial/housekeeping activities for the assigned infrastructure, grounds, hospital, school or stadium in a safe and timely manner. This also includes the oversight of safety and sanitation, participation in custodial and housekeeping activities, assisting with recruitment of supervisors and associates, involvement in disciplinary/coaching conversations, and other functions as required. Candidate must be able to manage priorities and assist with preventive maintenance projects in accordance to national and local facility building codes. Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program at a college or university - All majors welcomed; Eligible candidates must be graduating in or after August 2018 .
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must work well in both team and individualized tasks.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Budget responsibilities or inventory management experience a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future
- *NOTE - Aramark does not offer housing with the exception of our remote leisure locations.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.