Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
We're looking for the new dreamers and doers to join our Step Up to Leadership (S2L) Internship Program! This internship program targets motivated college underclassmen and rising seniors currently enrolled in a 4 year university, who are eager to gain business and leadership experience. The S2L program is designed to provide the tools & resources you'll need to successfully learn our business and position yourself to be considered for our full-time leadership development program, post-graduation. For more about our Early Talent Programs, click here .
Opportunities within the S2L program are focused in eight Career Tracks within our business and provide key milestone experiences specific to each Career Track. These milestones are standardized nationally across all lines of business.
The S2L Program also offers a series professional development trainings to supplement the learning that occurs through structured account experiences, and on-the-job learning. S2L interns can expect:
Finance Career Track:
- A paid 10-12 week experience
- Career readiness training & coaching
- Direct engagement with peers, mentors & managers
- Professional network & personal brand development
- Structured career path conversations and learnings in preparation for potential full-time program placement.
The S2L Finance Career Track will provide support of finance functions in a corporate position, Internal Audit role or Shared Services function. S2L responsibilities may include assisting with the overview and completion of month-end financial reports, bank statements, balance sheets, and post journal entries. The finance S2L should analyze trends, write accrual journal entries, reconcile accounts, and explain variances to forecast, prior year/periods in a timely manner. Special projects and other dues may be assigned or requested. Finance S2Ls have a Finance, Accounting or Economics major, a passion for service with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including banks, vendors, and internal accountants. Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program at a college or university - All majors welcomed; Eligible candidates must be graduating in or after August 2018 .
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must work well in both team and individualized tasks.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Budget responsibilities or inventory management experience a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future
- *NOTE - Aramark does not offer housing with the exception of our remote leisure locations.