Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter. Description
We're looking for the new dreamers and doers to join our Step Up to Leadership (S2L) Internship Program! This internship program targets motivated college underclassmen and rising seniors currently enrolled in a 4 year university, who are eager to gain business and leadership experience. The S2L program is designed to provide the tools & resources you'll need to successfully learn our business and position yourself to be considered for our full-time leadership development program, post-graduation. For more about our Early Talent Programs, click here .
Opportunities within the S2L program are focused in eight Career Tracks within our business and provide key milestone experiences specific to each Career Track. These milestones are standardized nationally across all lines of business.
The S2L Program also offers a series professional development trainings to supplement the learning that occurs through structured account experiences, and on-the-job learning. S2L interns can expect:
Food Management Career Track:
- A paid 10-12 week experience
- Career readiness training & coaching
- Direct engagement with peers, mentors & managers
- Professional network & personal brand development
- Structured career path conversations and learnings in preparation for potential full-time program placement.
This career track is inclusive of management roles in Concessions, Catering, Retail, and Hospitality. An S2L participant in this career track will bring to life the customer's food experience with the ability to respond effectively to changing client demands. The S2L will work with the managers and directors to ensure that requirements for appropriate sanitation, waste and food safety levels in respective areas are met and ensure exceptional customer experiences. They may also coordinate and supervise unit personnel regarding production, merchandising, quality and cost control, labor scheduling, staffing and employee training. The S2L may perform other functions as required, such as maintaining records to comply with Aramark, government and accrediting agency standards. Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program at a college or university - All majors welcomed; Eligible candidates must be graduating in or after August 2018 .
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required.
- Must work well in both team and individualized tasks.
- Leadership skills, inclusive of supervisory responsibilities, team lead in a club/organization, and/or project management.
- The ability to communicate in an appropriate, clear, and concise manner with customers, clients, employees and leadership.
- The ability to manage through change and ambiguity in a fast pace environment.
- Budget responsibilities or inventory management experience a plus.
- Ability to work flexible hours, which may include nights, weekends or holidays according to business need.
- Experience with and knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by Aramark for this position now or in the future
- *NOTE - Aramark does not offer housing with the exception of our remote leisure locations.