Be part of the next revolution in computing! Join Microsoft’s Quantum Architecture and Computation team and work on the software that will be used to control quantum computers. You will help develop the compiler, tools, and runtime for quantum computers. You will work with hardware designers, software developers, and researchers to help make quantum computing a reality.
This person is responsible for designing and leading the development of a small asynchronous operating system kernel and quantum control runtime to support physical quantum devices. The quantum runtime will include a subset of the .NET core and F# libraries, ported to the kernel.
• 10 or more years of programming experience
• Undergraduate degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or physics or other undergraduate degree
• 5 or more years of operating system kernel experience
• 3 or more years of .NET programming experience
• The ideal candidate will be a generalist with strong operating system kernel experience.
• Experience with .NET, especially with F# or other functional programming, is highly desirable.
• Experience with asynchronous systems is highly desirable.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.