Solutions Architect - Federal Space
Microsoft Services is looking for a Solutions Architect to help drive Datacenter and Cloud Infrastructure solutions. The role requires deep technology expertise, advanced analysis skills, and a deep understanding of the cloud market to define appropriate customer solution, scope and estimate the effort, provide technical leadership in sales pursuits and solution delivery.
Key professional qualifications:
• Real passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience
• Deep understanding of competitive landscape and ability to assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from and/or integrating with the customer’s non-Microsoft platforms
• Strong confidence, team work, ability to lead, promote collaboration, and professionally represent Microsoft in challenging environments and customer situations
Solution Architects develop solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. You will be an enabler for consultants, field engineers, and partners. You will engage over the entire lifecycle of large and complex projects. You will maintain effective product group relationships. You will lead and motivate technical communities, provide quality assurance for solutions developed by others.
Key areas of technical expertise:
• Private/Hybrid/Public cloud configurations, patterns, and practices
• Azure IaaS other Azure Infrastructure services
• Windows Server, Hyper-V, Azure Pack
• Microsoft System Center technologies
• Power Shell scripting and automation
• Ability to work with REST API
• Knowledge of datacenter management, ITIL and MOF operational processes
• Azure subscription planning and network architecture
• Open Source experience is a plus
• You will present to executive audiences, help customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while driving add-on business within existing projects.
BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience is required, combined with a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience providing solution architecture and consulting.
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Travel requirements may vary based on the needs of our customers and our business, but can be as high as 70%.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD clearance at the level sought by our customers when required for the role. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.