Microsoft Services is looking for a “Global Solutions Architect – Data &AI Domain, Office of the CTO” who has a mix of advanced technology, customer and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions by mapping common customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions and programs to be implemented worldwide by a well-trained Services delivery organization. The role is responsible for supporting the Data & AI delivery organization by driving global strategies, predictability, repeatability, consistency, time to market, readiness and quality.
Data & AI Strategy and Architecture Excellence:
• Lead worldwide strategies for core on premises and cloud data platform technologies as well as innovation and incubation of emerging technologies from the Microsoft engineering teams to real world repeatable customer solutions
• Identifying market solutions, gaps and best practices worldwide and developing a unified, modern and prescriptive portfolio of architectural solution offerings joining Microsoft strategy and customer success
• Supporting and advising selling and engagement teams to follow a consistent methodology, solution approach and technical strategy for the Microsoft Data Platform.
• Fostering the adoption and reuse of high quality sales and delivery IP
• Supporting engagement teams on initiation and planning of engagements including metrics for project control and risk management
• Monitoring engagements for methodology compliance, risk reduction, highest quality and working with the engagement teams to take corrective action where necessary
• Working with pre-sales teams to ensure consistent use of offerings and estimation tools
• Participate in project recovery for troubled projects as needed from a technical and engagement perspective
Sales and Delivery Technical Leadership:
• Proven experience selling consulting engagements which includes requirements analysis, qualification, estimating, scoping, and writing effective proposals and statements of work that clearly set expectations and bring the best capabilities of Microsoft Services to the customer
• An ability to quickly gain customer confidence and trust while competing for market share of the Microsoft platform and Microsoft Services as a trusted advisor
• Demonstrated excellence at presenting complex technical and business topics to both executive and technical personnel
• An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural patterns that may be used by our customers. Confidence to make recommendations and support them.
• Working knowledge of specialized applications and providers whether they be Microsoft partners or competitors
• Technical experience and knowledge of Architecture, Development and Deployment techniques for removing barriers for our customers to consume the Microsoft cloud
• Technical experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Data Platform including SQL Server, Azure SQL, Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, AI, IOT and PowerBI across all solution scenarios (Ingestion, Storage, Transformation, Analysis and Presentation of data).
• Partnering with priority area and selling teams to share best practices and drive continuous improvement of our presales motion and value proposition
Readiness and Communities:
• Lead the domain community for your time zone driving participation and knowledge sharing, reviewing content and evaluating delivery IP
• Drive community interaction and foster a sharing mindset world wide
• Provide input into the domain’s Readiness Strategy while working with time zones to develop learning plans by role and driving readiness completion and continuous improvement
• Assist the domain time zones in planning for future readiness needs and supporting the execution and rollout of readiness initiatives
• BS/BA degree and/or 8-12 years of relevant work experience in information technology consulting and technology program leadership
• Exceptional demonstrated consulting and architecture skills are a strong requirement
• Advanced technical solution selling and customer management skills
• Deep expertise with selling and implementing Data solutions on the Microsoft on premises and cloud technologies. Experience in advanced analytics, machine learning and complementary data platforms is strongly preferred.
• Strong track record of collaboration and working on virtual and matrixed teams.
• Solid understanding of MSF and Agile methodologies, with full delivery lifecycle experience from pre-sales to support/operations on complex projects
• Demonstrated track record of effective communication with technical and business leaders at all levels within large enterprises and within Microsoft business groups, product groups and sales organizations
• Demonstrated track record of ability to support and influence teams for positive results and improvements
• Proven ability to transfer industry and market knowledge to new market opportunities and strategies.
• Experience with developing and executing plans with field sales organizations
• Global experience across several markets preferred; specific experience in applicable time zone a must-have
Travel is an integral part of this position. Travel can be as high as 50% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position location is flexible. The role will be based in a major subsidiary where Microsoft does business, with close proximity to a major international airport
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.