Posted: February 01, 2018
Reference ID: 1079182
The Area Solution Architect (ASA) is a key role in Demand Generation for the Area providing focus on early stage support. This role is involved in Account planning with other Area roles and ensures that opportunities are developed in line with Microsoft strategy and Enterprise Services priorities.
The ASA provides technical expertise during the 0-20% phase and guides sellers on potential domain alignments. Mapped to a particular geography and interacting deeply with the local sales organization as well as area leadership teams to prioritize account focus, they will have an awareness of multiple Domain Solutions & Offerings, be able to articulate what is possible and required to build and deploy solutions across industries.
- Delivers against strategic goals through driving technology decisions in alignment with Microsoft priorities
- Quantifies the needs of the local business to achieve value outcomes, champions required methodology, captures/reuses IP within the Area and shares best practices
- Demonstrates an understanding and clear experience of customer/partner change management and adoption principles through transformational delivery
- Strong leadership of Account & Delivery teams, driving high performance and collaboration between Area and Domain
- Drives Delivery Excellence, ensures quality customer transformation plans and solutions are delivered in line with Area scorecards
- Drives quality outcomes demonstrating return on investment (ROI) and is accountable for governance as a technical leader. Performs risk management for the Area.
- Participates in opportunity management through establishing a healthy pipeline to drive & win solutions/design in line with Microsoft strategy
- Demonstrates valuable customer partner interactions, driving deep customer relationships
- Leads complex efforts to deliver profitable business results and maximize business value.
- Understands and contributes to the shared account team planning activities across Microsoft teams
Requirements for this high-visibility, high-impact role include:
- 15+ years of professional technical experience, of which at least 8-10 years related IT consulting and/or business experience
- Degree (Computer Science, Social Science or Business), and/or equivalent experience
- Broad experience and understanding of the technology industry in Public Sector (Federal, State and Local Government and Education), acquired in a consulting role and/or managing technology-enabled business change or related activities. A security clearance is not required but is beneficial.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft’s offerings and experience with the implementation/adoption of key solutions and services such as Azure, Dynamics 365, and Business Analytics.
- Proven record of delivering business value from IT at an executive level, bringing the benefits of technology to solve business issues while also managing costs, risk and resources
- Leadership qualities and ability to coordinate physical and virtual resources and initiatives
- Executive-level interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills, good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table and be an advocate of Microsoft’s vision and value proposition
- Travel is an integral expectation of this position as the needs of our customers and our business demand.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.