Manufacturing Industry Architect
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to work with Microsoft's most established and innovative customers, advising and supporting their Business and IT Executives with the planning and realization of key digital transformation initiatives? Have you got a track record of employing strong business and technology architectural skills, orchestrating the creation and delivery of creative solutions that generate and accelerate actual business value? Do you have a passion for Microsoft’s technology & solutions, and are committed to accelerate our customers to a world of digital innovation and business transformation? Do you want to lead Microsoft into a new generation of consulting services? This could be your next great career adventure!
We are looking for deep Industry Architects and experts to identify, lead and run a set of compex and industry solution opportunities. This will require forming anchoring relationships through customer engagement with both internal and external partners. This role will support the Microsoft sales team pursuits, scoping proposals and ensuring delivery on groundbreaking engagements. The mission is to work with Microsoft’s largest Enterprise clients to help them accelerate towards their business goals, take advantage of Digital Business Transformation, improve the business value from their Microsoft technology investments, and unleash innovation for their organization, their employees and customers. This role is critical in sales and delivery. In sales driving the discovery, ideation, and solution architecture with laser focus on customer business outcomes from deploying the Microsoft platforms and solutions. In delivery, the role will focus on maintaining the business decision maker relationship and ensuring the expected business outcomes are achieved.
The Architect will be expected to bring their years of experience, deep industry insight and discernment to bear on worldwide delivery opportunities and contribute to thought leadership across both Microsoft Services and the entire company.
How does this person show up?
• Deep industry expertise and business insight
• Mix of advanced hands on architectural experience with Microsoft technology and a strategic eye for business
• Having engaged with Fortune 500 customers at senior levels.
• Executive presence and discernment to win the hearts and minds of IT and business leaders
• Ability to generate trust, form partnerships across the organization, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers
• Situational awareness to adapt and solve challenges from a business and technology perspective
• Ability to balance critical thinking with pragmatic operational delivery
• Insight, curiosity, desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and commit to results
• Validated experience driving complex solution architecture and delivery, in a matrix environment, leading to successful opportunity closures
• Broad and deep technology knowledge to architect and deploy complex solutions mapping common customer business problems to end-to-end technology solutions.
• Ability to partner with the customer facing teams and other Services teams to identify, develop, lead on key digital business transformation services opportunities.
• Ability to grow share of wallet for the Microsoft Platform and Microsoft Services in targeted accounts. Grow the field capability through mentoring, readiness, and community evangelism.
• Defining / leading repeatable ideation steps with customers to explore art of the possible through industry specific, cross industry business solutions/patterns and technology components, and demonstrating techniques such as Design Thinking and Inclusive Design.
• Leading customer ideation workshops with Business and Technical Decision Maker (BDM and TDM) audiences to build, accelerate adoption of the Microsoft Platform and Services pipeline.
• Building unique and differentiated agile proposals focused on customer impact.
• Ensuring delivery meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Leading with IP development and reuse initiatives, harvesting standard methodologies in presales, architecture, business planning, and customer engagement.
What we would like you to have:
• Extensive experience within related advisory services, management/technology consulting.
• Experience in identifying and successfully executing on digital disruptions including quantified business outcomes.
• Validated in selling and delivering results into large enterprise customers.
• Consistent track record of executive level interaction.
• Quick study on competitive threats and building approaches that win.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Social Science or Business), and/or equivalent experience
• Relevant professional experience, of which part is from industry line-of-business experience
• Consistent track record of delivering business value from IT at an executive level, bringing the benefits of technology to solve business issues while also leading costs, risk and resources
• Ability to understand the needs of nontechnical customers, to conceptualize, launch and deliver technology enabled business change projects
• Leadership qualities and ability to coordinate physical and virtual resources and initiatives
• Executive level social, verbal, written and presentation skills, good listener, ability to provide a trusted voice at the decision-making table and be an advocate of Microsoft’s vision and value proposition
• Solid understanding of Microsoft’s offerings and experience with the implementation/adoption of key solutions and services such as Azure, Cloud, Platform & Productivity, Business Analytics, Devices & Mobility
• Specialty skills including Enterprise Architecture, IT Portfolio Lifecycle Optimization, Organizational Design and Change Management, IT Governance, etc.
This position may require up to 75% travel globally.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.