The IBM Cloud Garage is an "Innovation and Transformation" consultancy located in the heart of the start-up community. Our design first organization applies IBM Design Thinking and Lean User Experience (UX) techniques to help our clients, large and small, deliver amazing experiences to their customers by helping them identify and build innovative applications on the IBM Cloud. Our fast paced, collaborative, and co-located teams make the IBM Cloud Garage the most exciting place to be.
IBM's Cloud Technology is core part of our company's strategy. IBM Cloud is trailblazing new technology platform and services, DevOps, business models, developer outreach, and with the creation of the Cloud Garage - a new type of consulting services lab.
Our clients who choose IBM Cloud are looking for innovation and agility in how apps are defined, designed, and developed. The notion of the Garage was born out of the changes on how we work with our customers. This is a distinctively new approach to app development - a 180-degree shift from the way that IBM does client engagements. We are bringing clients into the Garage; where we are using IBM Design Thinking which will lead to a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) definition for the application that will adopt agile practices for developing quality apps rapidly.
As part of an entrepreneurial team, the successful candidate will leverage their deep technical knowledge across technologies, best practices and industries to provide leadership and expertise to architect and design IBM Cloud Solutions that will help our clients drive forward technology benefits and business outcomes. They will work with cutting edge technologies such as Watson, Blockchain, IoT, Big Data and DevOps as well as with a passionate team of people who are driving the innovation and digital transformation to cross-industry enterprise clients with the adoption of IBM Cloud.
* Provide Thought Leadership and Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing across multiple channels; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers.
* Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise; creatively applying cloud solutions to help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries.
* Represent and facilitate IBM Cloud architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals.
* Upon commencement of engagements, co-lead client workshops with Designers; influencing participants from all levels of our clients' organization to find the best outcomes and arrive at the architecture that will support the MVP build.
* Using exceptional communication skills and with input from product management and development, architect and deliver high quality end-to-end Solutions at Scale in response to specific business requirements from our clients.
* Between projects, the candidate will be expected to harvest and document best practices and lessons learned.
* Work with clients and IBM teams to perform business level discovery, develop plans and custom solution presentations aimed at evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future IBM Cloud services and technologies
* Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly and using demonstrated interpersonal skills to be an effective ambassador for IBM Cloud.
* Mentor/grow leaders for Garages in other cities
The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers & Designers, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
The IBM Cloud Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
* At least 5 year experience in a client facing role
* At least 2 years experience in Technical consulting; working with a variety of technology systems, architecting Cloud Application Solutions for clients
* At least 2 years experience in building cloud applications
* At least 4 years experience in Java and other languages
* At least 1 year experience adopting and using new technologies
* English: Fluent
* At least 1 year experience in architecting / deploying / operating solutions built on IBM Cloud
* At least 1 year experience in migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
* At least 5 year experience in working within software development
* At least 1 year experience in technology/software sales consulting or equivalent skills
* At least 1 years experience in Cognitive, Blockchain and/or IOT technologies
* Understanding of pair programming
* Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), cloud, mobile, or open source technologies are a significant plus.
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Math or STEM related subject
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.