Job description Department Description:
Oracle's Database Cloud Development Team is the team that is responsible for design, development and deployment of Oracle's Database Cloud platforms Services on the Oracle Public Cloud. We are building the next generation Platforms as a Service (PaaS) platforms based on Oracle Database technology, Oracle's engineered systems and Oracle Public cloud infrastructure. Also, leverage these technologies to build the Cloud@customer services to provide high performance, elastic and scalable database PaaS solutions in an OPEX model Job Description:
We are looking for senior engineers and architects to design and build our DB cloud service platform based on deployment best practices, highly scalable and elastic database service based on Oracle Data Management Technologies like Oracle Multi-tenant, Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), Exadata and other technologies that our customers use to deploy databases for their mission critical applications. The role requires in depth knowledge of database deployment concepts like clustering, High availability, scalability, durability and manageability and experience with various layers and components of public, private and hybrid clouds including compute, storage, networking, security and orchestrations. Candidates need to have an end to end understanding of cloud deployment models to deliver a highly differentiated cloud service. Experience with OpenShift PaaS, Docker, Cloud Foundry and other cloud infrastructure stacks is a definite plus.
This is a highly visible senior development/engineering role and will involve working with a variety of cross-functional teams like operations, customer facing teams, product management and architects from Database server development and cloud infrastructure teams towards building a highly differentiated Database Cloud service platform - Public, Private and Hybrid cloud.
Desired Skills and Experience Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of work experience in any combination of engineering, product management and consulting with increasing responsibilities. with at least 3 years as an architect
- Programming experience with Java, Python and scripting languages like Perl and shell.
- Hands-on experience working with Oracle Exadata, RAC, RMAN backup and recovery, Data Guard, Golden Gate Oracle Database security concepts
- Design and development experience with developing of tools and infrastructure for database (preferably Oracle database) in public cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure will be a definite plus.
- Experience with automating the deployment of enterprise scale database and database applications, preferably with Oracle Database.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms like Xen, VMWare ESX etc and software defined infrastructure as they apply to business-critical environments
- Experience with Continuous development/integration and automation using standard tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible will be a plus.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.