Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing security
measures for information systems to regulate access to computer data
files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure
of information. Evaluates emerging and available technologies to enable
systems and users to securely share information with customers.
Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a
key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or
projects and shares expertise.
- Leads the development of security operations activities, including
vulnerability mitigation, incident response, and risk assessments, and
employee awareness. Develops processes, monitoring practices, and
metrics to measure the effectiveness of security operations activities
and leads towards process maturity.
- Designs an in-depth architecture focusing on core security services at
the host and network layers. Includes baseline secure configurations in
addition to applicable authentication, authorization, logging, audit,
encryption, and monitoring components.
- Oversees operation of security tools, processes, and policies to
defend, detect, and respond to threats.
- Analyzes, develops, and implements enterprise technology and systems
architecture framework and standards that are used as a basis for
consolidating and standardizing IT throughout the Company.
- Develops a unifying infrastructure architecture framework that will
facilitate the implementation of Information Security policy and
- Identifies information security architecture gaps. Recommends
architecture changes, enhancements, or other mitigating controls using a
- Plans security assessments on systems, platforms, and architecture.
Keeps current on best practices/industry standards.
- Integrates security processes and architectures to address information
security issues and concerns. Participates in security architecture
review and exceptions process.
- Documents and keeps current all information security issues, control
gates, and the security review processes in place.
- Performs risk analysis of tested and evaluated networks and systems.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer