Are you a highly motivated individual who wants to innovate and contribute at a very high pace and leave a lasting impression on the enterprise software industry? Consider joining Oracle and be a part of one of the great Cloud success stories!
Oracle's Cloud Application Foundation team develops the core Java platform that powers Oracle's business applications. This infrastructure is running in hundreds of millions of processes and growing rapidly. We are seeking a hands-on Architect who is an industry thought leader able to solve complex enterprise business problems. You will be working in cutting-edge Cloud related areas.
• As a thought leader, you will drive a product feature from the conceptualization phase to realization in the market, ensuring successful customer adoption.
• You will have the opportunity to show your leadership through writing well-crafted specifications, leading dynamic discussions with colleagues, and demonstrating cutting-edge software prototypes to Oracle senior management.
• Your prior experience in the middleware area will be heavily leveraged to make future tactical and strategic decisions for designing and implementing sophisticated features.
• You will work with engineering management, product manager(s), engineering technical leads and other software development teams to align on design, APIs and delivery dates.
• You will work with other functional groups to ensure the best results for the overall product.
This position requires strong programming skills, including (but not limited to):
• Experience in programming with Java, C
• Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages
• Experience using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON
• Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol, WebSocket, SSE, and other web technologies
The position also requires a solid background in the following areas:
• Expansive knowledge of issues related to building Cloud infrastructures
• Understanding of network communications, including TCP/IP, HTTP protocols
• Familiarity with common middleware issues such as virtualization, high availability active-active solutions, service availability, patching without service downtime, etc.
• Experience utilizing IaaS and PaaS Cloud based platforms
• Experience in working with Docker containers, Kubernetes
• Familiarity with security principles using SSL protocols and data encryption
• Experience in agile development methodology, use of source code management systems such as lsvn or git and build tools like ant, maven, gradle or make
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate
• Deep understanding of middleware software architecture, Java and Cloud
• Strong product development experience
• Strong technical leadership skills
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Suggest and justify product directions within approved directions. Define responsibilities for new projects and specifies, designs and develops software according to those specifications. Provide consultative software guidance and strategic direction associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Acknowledged expert/professional within company and/or industry nationally and internationally. Provides leadership in the development and strategic direction of new products, processes, techniques. Acts as primary consultant on large projects that effect the organization*s long term objectives / strategy. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.