Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
Provide leadership, guidance, and support in protecting the integrity of and access to Charter systems supporting internal and customer facing functions. This position is responsible for defining and maintaining policies related to the classification of data within the company, evaluating protocols, tools and products related to providing security for systems and selection of tools for conducting manual and automatic audits of security measures. This position will formulate solution templates for providing authentication / authorization controls for applications, web services and data models housed in relational and NoSQL data platforms and formulate guidelines for protection of data at rest based on data classification. Detailed technical writing, visual presentations / illustrations and verbal communication with peers and senior management personnel are core skills required by this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Installation, configuration and testing of applications and tools (commercial and open-source) in a lab environment
• Documentation and communication of test results, selection criteria and technical / business recommendations for new hardware and software platforms
• Definition and documentation of development techniques, tools and technology standards for specific business or technical needs
• Analysis of functional and non-functional requirements of new projects and applications and mapping them to existing standard solution components or proposed new solutions
• Escalation support for design, testing, performance tuning, deployment and operational issues in enterprise systems
• Maintain expertise in industry-driven and regulatory-driven security standards and requirements including Payment Card Industry Digital Security Standards, CPNI obligations, etc.
• 10 years UNIX / LINUX system administration
• 7 years installation, configuration, support of enterprise scale firewalls
• 5 years configuration and administration of Windows Server and ActiveDirectory
• 5 years installation, configuration, support of enterprise scale Virtual Private Network appliances
• 5 years security incident response analysis and report formulation
• 5 years IP routing and switching design and configuration
• 5 years design and configuration of traffic filtering / intrusion detection systems
• 5 years installation and configuration of Public Key Infrastructure components such as Certificate Authority set-up, SSL key assignments from internal CAs, creation of SSL certificate requests for commercial certifications, etc.
• Experience with carrier scale IP networking (cable or telco)
• Experience with network management data collection via SNMP, etc.
• Experience with server virtualization / resource management tools such as Apache Mesos, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, etc.
• Experience with "Big Table" (or "NoSQL") data platforms such as Cassandra, Hadoop, MongoDB
• Experience with private cloud or commercial cloud (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Rackspace, etc.) hosting
• Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, CruiseControl, etc.
• Certification as Internal Security Auditor in PCI DSS framework
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES & LICENSES:
• BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.