The two Architectural Sales Representatives opening is in our Kawneer business line. We are the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Arconic's global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit, which manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East.
The Architectural Sales Representatives
are responsible for the successful promotion and project sale of Kawneer branded products in an assigned sales territory through the cultivation of key relationships to grow the prospective customer base, partnering with appropriate internal team members for bidding proposals, and following up to secure profitable sales.
These positions will initially be based out of the Atlanta Region and cover the Atlanta / Southern Territory.Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Major Activities and Key Challenges Include:
- Develop and maintain customer relations with large architectural firms, developers, general contractors and high-profile customers within the sales region;
- Establish and grow new business opportunities with potential customers through a relationship-based approach;
- Maintain and enhance add-on business with existing customers;
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing;
- Conduct customer visits to build / maintain relationships, sales presentations, brainstorm and/or problem solve customer concerns;
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly quota requirements;
- Participate in key industry organizations like the American Institute of Architects, product related training programs, conferences, seminars and educational forums;
- Collaborate and work closely with Front End teams and all layers of the organization to assure timely and accurate project proposals, proper execution, and customer satisfaction;
- Leverage technology to increase speed, quality and efficiencies to deliver on customer needs;
- Stay abreast of Kawneer product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, political, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and technical skills that can be used to establish, strengthen and influence both external customer and internal company relationships;
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge of sales principles and practices;
- Possess Commercial building and construction and/or architectural industry knowledge;
- Comprehensive computer skills and the ability to learn proprietary and other software as needed (CRM, Blue Beam, etc.);
- Basic understanding of key financial drivers and relate them to overall territory and business goals;
- Ability to articulate features and benefits of all product lines to key buying influences;
- Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets;
- Ability to counsel customers on matters of product selection, product application and installation processes;
- Ability to read and understand architectural/project construction documents and specifications;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to analyze and resolve problems in the field;
- Ability to travel 75%-100% of the time including overnight travel and lift up to 50 lbs;
- Must have a valid driver's license and insurance (must meet company's minimum requirements);
- Must be results oriented, flexible and adaptable to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines and sales goals.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in commercial building and construction industry;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Previous outside sales experience in commercial building and construction industry;
- Diverse experience in the construction field in the areas of customer service, project management, estimating, engineering and inside sales;
- Knowledge of Kawneer Products and Services.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.