Primary PurposeThe Architectural Sales Representative is responsible for the successful promotion and project sale of Kawneer & Traco branded products in the Central or Southern California region.
Major Activities / Key Challenges:
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices i.e. prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and research.
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures i.e. sales goals.
- Successfully propose, negotiate, and close profitable revenue opportunities at existing and new account locations by leveraging strong relationships with senior operations executives.
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing.
- Grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships within the Architectural Aluminum industry.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proof of valid driver’s license and insurance (must meet company’s minimum requirements)
- Participate in key industry organizations like the American Institute of Architects
- Proven record of promoting, selling, and securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written and technical skills that can be used to establish and strengthen both external & internal customer relationships.
- Required to lift up to 50lbs, this may include lifting weight above shoulders as needed
- Ability to interact with internal customers in a positive and constructive fashion
- Develop and maintain accurate project files
- Can articulate features and benefits of all product lines to key buying influences
- Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets
- Ability to resolve problems in the field
- Ability to promote during industry trade shows
- Basic computer skills
- Basic understanding of key financial drivers and relate them to overall territory and business goals.
- A mechanical aptitude with general interest in the building sciences
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.