Primary PurposeThe Architectural Sales Representative is responsible for the successful promotion and project sale of Kawneer & Traco branded products in the Central or Southern California region.
Major Activities / Key Challenges:
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices i.e. prospecting experience through cold calling, networking and research.
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures i.e. sales goals.
- Successfully propose, negotiate, and close profitable revenue opportunities at existing and new account locations by leveraging strong relationships with senior operations executives.
- Evaluate customer needs, understand market drivers and forces, and ensure appropriate service/product delivery and pricing.
- Grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships within the Architectural Aluminum industry.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proof of valid driver’s license and insurance (must meet company’s minimum requirements)
- Participate in key industry organizations like the American Institute of Architects
- Proven record of promoting, selling, and securing orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written and technical skills that can be used to establish and strengthen both external & internal customer relationships.
- Required to lift up to 50lbs, this may include lifting weight above shoulders as needed
- Ability to interact with internal customers in a positive and constructive fashion
- Develop and maintain accurate project files
- Can articulate features and benefits of all product lines to key buying influences
- Ability to analyze new customer opportunities and add when needed to achieve sales targets
- Ability to resolve problems in the field
- Ability to promote during industry trade shows
- Basic computer skills
- Basic understanding of key financial drivers and relate them to overall territory and business goals.
- A mechanical aptitude with general interest in the building sciences
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.