Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of industrial, medical, and specialty gases, and hard goods, such as welding equipment and related products. Airgas is a leading U.S producer of atmospheric gases with 16 air separation plants; a leading producer of carbon dioxide, dry ice, and nitrous oxide; one of the largest U.S suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. More than 17,000 associates work in approximately 1,100 locations, including branches, retail stores, gas fill plants, specialty gas labs, production facilities, and distribution centers. Airgas also markets its products and services through e-Business, catalog, and telesales channels. Its national scale and strong local presence offer a competitive edge to its diversified customer base.
The role of the Area Branch Operations Coordinator (ABOC) is to offer Systems Applications and Products (SAP) support to branches, provide the Area Vice President (AVP) assistance with reporting and evaluating branch metrics, analytical support for pricing initiatives, SAP training beyond what the New Hire/Refresher training team offers, vendor training, and product training, as needed. The ABOC will also support efforts to improve the safety, profitability, effectiveness, accuracy, and efficiency of Branch operations through the support of Core Strategy I and II, effectively training and enforcing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and conducting Branch SOP Audits.
• Assists and supports District Managers (DMs) and Branches to comply with Safety Management Systems (SMS), in conjunction with the Regional Safety Department. Supports the Branches with the execution of the Accident and Injury Reduction Plans consistent with Airgas Safety Council and Safecor guidelines.
• Reviews and gains an understanding of the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) Manual, Safety Management System (SMS), SAP processes and learning tools, Business Warehouse (BW) tools, and SharePoint tools. Provides support to the Branch leaders in the Area to improve the understanding and effective use of these procedures and systems.
• Provides training and conducts audits on SOPs. Shares results with AVP, DMs, and Branch staff. Follows up by measuring progress at the Branches and communicating with the AVP and DMs.
• Supports the Company objective to execute Core Strategy I and II activities in the branches and throughout the Area.
• Where appropriate, assists the Area leaders to improve transactional accuracy and SAP proficiency.
• Supports efforts to ensure that new employees at the branches receive the appropriate training on systems, procedures, and processes.
• Assists the AVP and DMs by compiling Branch metrics for the Branches within the Area, identifying and communicating results and sharing best practices throughout all assigned Branches.
• Assists with making certain that SAP enhancements, changes, corrections, reports, and other communication from various functional leaders are shared with the appropriate associates within the business Area. Actively participates in the "cascade" of information to the branches that comes from Regional or Corporate leadership; this may include policy changes, roll-outs, road shows, new products or services, safety compliance, and other local or national projects.
• Communicates routinely with AVP regarding progress, obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions at the branches. Communicates with leadership when ineffective or poor processes are identified that are contributing to transaction inaccuracy or should be otherwise improved.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of enhancements and/or changes to SAP systems, SOPs, and Safety procedures or policies.
• Supports effective teamwork, communication, and collaboration among the Branch associates, field sales teams, Sales Specialists, and Business Services Center (BSC) personnel.
• Conducts routine visits to Branches to assist the AVP and his or her direct reports by identifying and evaluating Branch performance, safety compliance, inventory levels, SOP compliance, and training gaps.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree preferred. Equivalent combination of experience and/or training and education may be considered.
• 7 years experience in Branch, sales, and/or operations; experience in these areas within the distribution industry is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of SAP. Competency must be at least to the level of the Branch Manager, but advanced skills preferred.
• Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, and SharePoint.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Good analytical skills; competency for understanding metrics and ability to present and communicate to management.
• Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, well-organized, and attention to detail.
• Team player with positive attitude, strong collaborative skills, ability to influence without having direct authority.
• Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets (MSDS).
• Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
• Ability to read, speak, write, spell, and understand the English language.
• Frequent sitting, bending, reaching, and standing to perform various physical maneuvers.
• Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
• Approximately 75% travel by automobile; a small amount of air travel is required.
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.