Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (CNS), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Area Business Manager to support the Arizona-Colorado-Utah geography.
Janssen CNS is a company driven by dedication to product innovation, customer focus and employee and organizational excellence.
Our goal is to build on our leadership position in major existing therapeutic categories, while pioneering and taking the lead in new categories. We actively identify and pursue innovative business opportunities. We create partnerships that contribute to mutual success. People are our strength and the source of our growth. We are committed to providing a diverse, dynamic and challenging work environment where associates and their ideas can develop and thrive. Our focus on customers, partners, people and innovation creates sustainable, profitable growth and shareholder value. Our business practices reflect the responsibilities expressed in the Johnson & Johnson Credo.
As a leader in the industry, CNS offers medications for the treatment of schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder and bipolar areas of mental health. Please visit our website at www.janssenpharmaceuticals.com
to learn more about J&J and our products.
The Area Business Manager, CNS will:
- Responsible for the development, execution and management of compliant promotion of all CNS promoted portfolio products in all optimal sites of care to approved health care professionals. This role directly supervises various sales specialist positions within the defined district
- The Area Business Manager has overall responsibility for the development and successful implementation of a coordinated district business plan with targeted objectives to achieve sales and business results. These objectives are accomplished through the managing, developing, motivating and compensating of assigned personnel with the proper allocation of resources available.
- Effectively partner and leverage various supporting functions within CNS Marketing, CNS Sales, Public Sector and Institutional Business Group, Medical Affairs and Managed Markets payer teams among other divisions to deliver on business goals.
- A clear understanding of both the national and local healthcare landscape including payer access and advocacy partners among other factors within the community mental health environment will also be critical to achieve results.
- A critical element of the role will be to provide direction and Management oversight to Sales Specialists for all CNS promoted brands in addition to maintaining an expert knowledge of the approved clinical and HCC guidelines associated with these products.
- A strong aptitude for analyzing the business coupled with regular coaching on approved sales messages, support in developing territory strategies with all direct reports to achieve business goals among other people MGT responsibilities will also be expected.
- The Area Business Manager position will also need to provide direction to all direct reports regarding local, regional and national payer policies; reimbursement regulations and processes (i.e., eligibility and benefit verification, preauthorization, billing, coding, claims, and appeals / grievances); practice management; Medicare and Medicaid rules and regulations; OSHA; HIPPA as well as provide clear direction within HCC guidelines regarding alternate sites of care partnerships and leverage those partnerships for increased patient access.
- Guide training efforts partnering with Sales Training so that direct reports can mentor doctors and staff on how to develop and implement an in-office injection program including overall operations management, scheduling, staffing, pre-authorization, reimbursement, capacity management, inventory management, and injection management.
- Serve as a liaison between the sales force and PHS&R to secure local patient access.
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required with a focus in business or a scientific field or an MBA is preferred
- Minimum of six (6) years of industry sales experience is required; a minimum of three (3) years of management experience
- Completion of the Phase IV Janssen Management Training program or interim management experience is required
- CNS and/or Schizophrenia disease state knowledge is highly preferred
- An ability to articulate knowledge and understanding of billing and reimbursement requirements, specific to the site of care where the CNS product portfolio is being administered is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of Medicare / Medicaid systems is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead start-up organizations, and navigate ambiguous situations coupled with a proven track record of developing strategies with successful execution to achieve business results is strongly preferred
- Clear evidence of coaching and developing sales professionals and strong leadership skills are required
- Excellent analytical capabilities are also needed to independently translate complex market trends into insightful information to shape business strategies for optimal district and territory results
- Ability to deploy and leverage resources in an effective manner along with outstanding communication and presentation skills is preferred
- Ability to travel, which may include overnight / weekend travel is required.
- Candidates must have a valid driver's license issued in one (1) of the fifty (50) states and a clean driving record.
United States-Arizona-Other Locations
North America-United States-Utah, North America-United States-ColoradoOrganization
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function
Selling PharmaceuticalRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.