Area Director DC (Job Number: 024709)
Deerfield Corp North - 304 WILMOT RD
304 WILMOT RD
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
The Sr. Director, Distribution Centers (DC) is accountable for managing regional distribution centers that operate in multiple sites. Develops strategic plans, directs, and oversees distribution systems in accordance to overall Supply Chain operations strategic vision. Coordinates and controls warehouse operations across the assigned region. Reviews, develops, and implements operating methods, procedures and practices to assure maximum efficiency and receipt of storage and shipment of all merchandise. Job Responsibilities
- Oversees Distribution Center operations, activities and budget performance within multi-site regional responsibility.
- Reviews, recommends, develops and implements changes in distribution operation and talent processes following Lean methodologies.
- Works closely with Sr. Director Field Maintenance in the development and oversight of Distribution Center operating and capital budgets.
- Evaluates Distribution Center operations, performance and results and creates strategies highlighting corrective measures.
- Oversees uniform application and enforcement of approved Distribution Center operating policies, procedures, practices and methods.
- Oversees Distribution space and equipment utilization, facility layout, capacity and staff planning within assigned region supporting rapid fulfillment to stores and end customer shipments.
- Oversees application of the policies and procedures in compliance with Company and government regulatory rules and policies.
- Recommends Warehouse Training Programs, and confers on their development and execution.
- Collaborates with DVP in strategic talent management execution and bench strength development across the assigned DCs. Ensures goals are cascaded through all levels of the multiple facilities.
- Exemplifies and lives the Walgreen Cultural Beliefs.
- Champions and is accountable for enhancing the appreciation of diversity of employees and thoughts in the achievement of Walgreens objectives and service delivery to its customers.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 10 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 13 years of experience in a distribution, warehousing or logistics environment.
- At least 7 years of experience with distribution product flow.
- At least 7 years of experience analyzing data using statistical methods.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with MS Office applications.
- At least 7 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 10 years of experience managing employees (coaching, mentoring and training staff).
- At least 7 years of experience managing at least 2 direct reporting managers in a more than one department area.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Group facilitation experience with Performance Improvement teams.
- At least 10 years of experience working with automated systems (RF technology, WMS, conveyor and sortation).
- At least 2 years of Lean experience in a manufacturing or Logistics environment.
- Experience in managing multiple site operations.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.