Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Manages the financial performance and productivity of multiple Operating Units. Ensures that Operating Units meet or exceed annual objectives and successfully implement organizational initiatives. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develops and implements a market area operating plan, consistent with the accomplishment of long range established objectives which will enhance effectiveness and delineate responsibilities and authority.
- Reviews and evaluates market area performance on a continuing basis and establishes proper measures of performance.
- Counsels managers as to execution of programs, and when necessary provides direction for modification in work plans or implementation of contingency plans in accordance with prevailing business conditions.
- Develops operating unit budget in a timely manner, forecasting financial and human resource needs for future time periods.
- Assists managers in budget optimization; provides budget compliance support.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Attends regularly scheduled Profit and Loss (P&L) reviews, and executes prescribed programs on routing equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Implements and maintains programs to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of the Market Area; Ensures compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT)/Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and other Federal and State regulations.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 10-15 full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of 50-60 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten years of relevant experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Experience in a position involving operations, customer service, community relations, health and safety, financial, and human resources function, experience as a supervisor or manager; experience implementing safety (OSHA) programs and equipment specifications, experience preparing and managing budgets, and experience resolving labor relations issues required
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.