At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the properties Executive Committee, the Director of Human Resources is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This person is responsible for aligning associate strategies with our operations strategies and service initiatives to meet the hotels business objectives. The Human Resources function prides itself on excellence, service, integrity and accountability. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Area Director of Human Resources is responsible for short and long term planning of the HR function at the 3 Hyatt Regency Hotels in Boston & Cambridge, MA. This means leading strategically and tactically in the areas of workforce planning, recruitment and staffing strategies, wage and salary administration, associate and labor relations, benefits, workforce training and development and local diversity initiatives.
- Develop HR strategies and administer HR policies and procedures
- Strong background in employment, employee relations, benefits, wage and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies as they impact HR
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates
- Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and materials
- Instruct managers in developing alternatives/solutions to employee concerns, and in carrying out/operating within regulatory programs
- Successfully defend against unemployment claims, Workers' Compensation claims, etc.
- Conduct wage and salary surveys.
- Provides employee counseling as necessary
- Plans and coordinates employee functions, suggestion program, etc.
- Take an active role in professional HR organizations
- Work closely with Corporate HR function
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
A little about us:
Hyatt’s goal is to become the most preferred hospitality brand – loved and respected by all. We listen and evolve to meet and anticipate the needs of our colleagues, guests and partners.