Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier
Our history dates back to the early 1990’s when Republic Waste Services was formed to consolidate a series of regional waste collection companies. The Company underwent a series of name changes and business transformations during the early to mid-90’s and began trading as Republic Services, Inc. (NYSE:RSG) on July 1, 1998. For the next 10 years, the Company experienced strong and dramatic growth and, in late 2008, Republic Services and Allied Waste Industries merged to create the current Company. Today, Republic Services is a Fortune 300 Company, operating across 39 states and Puerto Rico.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Area Director, Sales is responsible for delivering annual revenue in the range of 700M to 1.3B dollars. This comes from expert level planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an Area to effectively execute sales strategies. A key attribute of the Director’s success will be the ability to lead, coach, and develop people and lead by example. The ability to multiply one’s efforts across a broader sales leadership team is an essential element in delivering the number.
**Knowledge, Skills & Abilities**
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner. • Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally. • Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas. • Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook. • Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions. • Good written and verbal presentation skills. • Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks. • Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times. • Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior. • Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people. • Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others. • Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness. • Is responsible for one’s performance and sets clear expectations for the performance of his or her team.
• Bachelor’s Degree. • Prior waste industry or service industry experience.
• Manages and/or influences total revenue in the range of 700M to 1.3B dollars. • Develops and oversees the implementation of comprehensive business strategies and sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating plan for the Area. • Develops the sales forecast and ensures achievement of the sales budget for the Area. • Maintains accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement. • Assists, as necessary, with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies. • Meets periodically with sales management or sales personnel to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool) and customer retention and relationship activities; reviews sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs. • Participates with business unit leadership to develop and implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives. • Maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manages customer base. • Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business and pricing structures to assist sales management in particular selling circumstances as the need arises. • Reviews particularly complex Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions, pricing, accuracy, etc. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in a sales management role that includes experience managing other sales personnel and experience developing comprehensive sales strategies, business and sales plans. • Valid driver’s license.
**Rewarding Compensation and Benefits**
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.