Area Equipment Sales Manager (Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco or Las Vegas)
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: Cypress, California
Posted: October 13, 2017
Reference ID: WD30038615279
What you will do:
Under general direction, provides leadership for growth and increased market share of equipment sales through direct channels within the Region. Channel responsibility includes direct sales of applied and commercial equipment through the Building Solutions branch channel via direct sales people and Agents. Leads the development and execution of sales strategies, programs, processes, and tools to achieve the sales objectives for the equipment business. Drives growth of equipment secured volume, margin, and share by coaching Area Construction Sales Managers (ACSM), Local Market HVAC Sales Managers (Local Sales Managers) and sales professionals around the market planning process, consulting engineer account coverage, basis of design strategies, systems selling, prime retrofit market, and local market cadence of account and opportunity strategy planning in the branch channel. Supports and coaches the ACSMs and Local Sales Managers in their ownership of the Agent relationship, in applicable markets. Drives margin enhancement strategies through coaching and supporting maximization of secured prices and refinement of estimated cost. Provides a Continuous Improvement (CI) focus to equipment sales while demonstrating market expertise and direct client sales support.
How you will do it:
1. Under the direction of the Vice President Equipment Sales, leads ACSMs and Local Sales Managers in the development, coaching, and execution of sales strategy and financial planning process for the equipment business in assigned Areas.
2. Coaches Local Sales Managers to grow sales through Sales Management Disciplines (SMD), one-on-ones, observed/coached sales calls, account management, Dealmaker STAR reviews, and Dealmaker TAS reviews on target projects.
3. Develops sales pipeline, ensures opportunities are strategically pursued, and drives to secured including the following activities: monthly inspection of forecasting blocks and KPIs, driving usage of Dealmaker TAS reviews on target projects, developing CE AE model/strategy to accelerate pipeline growth & BOD, and facilitate bid governance process.
4. Increases ARI market share year-over-year in each channel. Increases equipment buy blue in the Performance Infrastructure and Owner sales teams.
5. Leads growth programs and key initiatives, provides competitive intelligence, best practice sharing, development of local market training programs.
6. Facilitates the Local Sales Managers in account segmentation process and assignment of key, target, strategic and maintained consultant, contractor, and owner accounts and opportunities.
7. Increases sales productivity in local markets by providing and/or ensuring their sales manager and PDNA Regional Sales Managers are providing all sales professionals with coaching and support they need to be successful.
8. In cooperation with the VP Equipment Sales and PDNA Regional Sales Managers, grows sales by assisting in the optimization of sales channel partners in each market within the region. Actively looks for enhancement, upgrade and white-space opportunities to improve sales and market share.
9. Drives monthly/quarterly/annual sales performance to plan and forecast. Inspects local market forecast KPIs, offers related support and coaching. Supports securing projects in forecast, including closing activities, and price level coaching.
10. Drive high level customer relationship and interaction including being a leadership sponsor for customer showcase and factory visits.
11. Provides Area's and Local Market's focus on both applied equipment and commercial equipment sales. Drives equipment sales and releases to keep our factories full.
12. Ensures the sales managers build strong relationships with key/target customer executives in local markets and active participation in professional organizations including ASHRAE, MCAA, and ACCA (strive to be in a leadership/ board position).
13. Verifies that direct salespeople and Agents are engaged in consistent tool usage and follow processes to improve equipment sales performance.
14. Ensures that Areas and Local Markets have staffing plans that support the strategic/financial plan and adequate market coverage.
15. Actively participates in industry professional groups including MCAA, ACCA, and ASHRAE. Obtains a board position in at least one of these groups.
What we look for:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, a related field or equivalent experience, Master's preferred. Minimum ten years experience in construction marketing and sales, including eight to ten years of sales management experience and direct sales experience. Demonstrated knowledge of construction marketplace, financial reporting and relationships with key players in the construction market.