Area Inspection Manager - Fire Equipment What you will do
The Area Inspection Manager is part of our Fire Business at Johnson Controls. Due to our growth we are adding this position on to our team. Mainly responsible for overseeing the daily operations and the team responsible for Fire Repair and Inspection services in the local area. Ideal candidate will have an operations mgt background overseeing teams. Prefer Fire Equipment or similar type to technical Equipment background.
Johnson Controls Advanced Services Division is seeking an experienced Area Inspection Manager who is a self-motivated and driven individual with superior relationship building skills. How you will do it
What we look for
- This position is responsible for supervising Johnson Controls Inspectors and for the execution of inspection schedules including on site deficiency quoting.
- Will interview applicants, recommend promotions and provide assistance in the evaluation and training of the inspection staff.
- Will schedule inspections or work with inspection schedulers.
- Manage department safety tasks such as toolbox talks, safety training and licensing.
- Communicate company policies to promote understanding and compliance on a daily basis.
- Actively participate in quickly resolving customer complaints. Understand applicable local and national codes and regulations.
- Ensure that effective performance measures are assigned, and that employees are motivated to achieve and exceed objectives in a professional, timely and quality manner.
- Participate in ride-alongs with inspectors to coach and mentor on job performance.
- Implement and manage the roll-out and participation of new programs\software, e-services, new policies, etc.
- Perform additional duties as required.
Who we are
- Associate degree preferably in a business or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role.
- Leadership, team building, administrative abilities, organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems. Knowledge of Oracle a plus
- Knowledge of local and national fire code requirements.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Successful completion of the Inspector Entrée Course (Electrical or Sprinkler)
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com