Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
AREA IT ADVOCATE-Texas and Oklahoma- SimplexGrinnell
About the role
- We are looking for an IT Advocate to service, troubleshoot and maintain our IT needs in the Texas and Oklahoma Area. This area consists of Dallas, Fort Worth, Lubbock, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, McAllen, Tulsa and Oklahoma City. The successful candidate can reside in any of these locations. Some travel will be required.
- Order computers for new hires with correct imaging (Service/Sales/Design)
- Liaison to Corporate IT for the Area
- Laptop/PC repair and set up
- Maintain building Infrastructure
- Install and maintain network
- Install and maintain hardwire and routers
- Maintain Wireless Network
- Install and maintain printers / plotters
- Order, set up and troubleshoot IPhones and Company Apps
- Maintain building phone systems-Voice over IP system, changes, reprogramming, hardware
- Maintain SharePoint site for Area
- Manage Asset inventory and active directory.
- Manage access requests for Area employees
- Other tasks as required
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Who we're looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of IT advocate experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Windows XP, Windows 7, JAVA updates required
- Basic Networking skills
- Knowledge of Servers-NT windows based
- Proficient in Apple IOS
- Proficient in voice over IP Systems such as AVAYA
- Ability to troubleshoot and multitask
- Organized and detailed
- Microsoft Certifications a plus
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.