Arconic Cleveland Operations, a forging facility located at 1600 Harvard Ave., is seeking candidates for an Area Project Engineer role. The principal challenges of this position lies in the development of process controls and procedures in specialized areas as determined by the incumbent, effecting workable solutions to engineering and production problems, and solving those problems rapidly in situations requiring closely coordinated completion with minimum operation interference.Under the supervision of the Engineering Lead, this position is accountable for:
- Improving the overall safety of the plant's equipment and processes.
- Providing specialized technical expertise in the application and use of mechanical technology for plant facilities and processes.
- Providing engineering innovations that will increase reliability and availability of the pant facilities.
- Working closely with Production, Planning, and other departments (Purchasing, Maintenance, or outside vendors) to plan work activities.
- Providing technical support for the maintenance of complex diagnostic procedures, training programs, preventive maintenance programs, and equipment breakdowns.
- Performing root cause analysis with the goal to eliminate maintenance downtime.
- Participating in development of long range process and facilities planning, capital expenditure, and cost savings programs.
- Driving continuous improvement activities to eliminate all waste, especially as related to equipment downtime, safety, work practices, and employee involvement.
- Performing and/or directing the design, development, installation, cost control, and evaluation of complex engineering projects.
- Providing support in decisions of corporate engineering direction and policy regarding engineering standards, equipment, and processes.
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating equipment installations.
- Observing operating areas to maintain knowledge of current conditions.
- Writing and/or approving engineering specifications, designs, estimates, schedules, spare parts lists, quotations, requisitions, work orders, etc.
- Directing individual mechanical designers, mechanics, electritions, and Maintenance supervisors.
- Training less experienced engineers, maintenance supervision, and craft personnel.
- Preparing RFA's, engineering reports, and project status reports.
Bachelor's level degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 5 years of maintenance or engineering experience in a manufacturing facility.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status.Preferred Qualifications
Experience with high pressure water hydraulics.
Experience with combustion systems.