Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Area Safety Coordinator - SimplexGrinnell (Santa Fe Springs, CA)
About the role :
- Purchase and test new safety equipment, stock and order as needed
- Increase employee involvement in EHS activities
- Conduct Safety Committee meetings
- Develop employee reward programs for safety performance
- Create and distribute safety warnings/communications to district
- Track and enforce required inspections and BEAMS requirements
- Monitor vehicle inspections
- Monitor jobsite inspections
- Monitor toolbox talks
- Perform General district EHS duties and support tasks
- Maintain all injury records and Safety training records, in office and online.
- Assist with Pre-Bid qualification forms for the district.
- Verify all drivers MRV
- Assure high risk drivers receive training
Rewards and benefits
We'll expect a lot from you, but we'll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we'll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you'll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Job Qualifications:
Who we're looking for :
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and ensure that plans, guidance and advice is accurate, timely and effective.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong presentation/public speaking skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal English
- Solid Leadership skills and the ability to relate to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership, team building skills and influencing others, coaching and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with multiple levels of the facility and with external agencies and organizations.
- Strong degree of self-motivation and self-direction.
- Demonstrated ability to execute and implement programs and projects without direct supervisory responsibility of the team.
- Successful background check and drug screen
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.