Airgas South, a subsidiary of Airgas USA, LLC. the nation's leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has an Area Safety Manager position available in our Bessemer, AL area (Candidate may be located in North/Central or North/Eastern Alabama area) .
Assists in implementation, coordinating, auditing, and enforcing the Company's safety and compliance issues relating to various federal, state, and local agencies.
• Promote and develop safe work behaviors. Assisting and coaching in reducing injuries and vehicle accidents.
• Plan, administer and support ongoing safety programs to ensure compliance.
• Liaise between facility and internal and external auditors. Interpret Safety Policies, Regulations and Standards to recommend or provide direction.
• Responsible for keeping the branch locations current with regulations concerning DOT, OSHA, EPA, and the FDA. Is also responsible for implementing procedures and the control of those documents.
• Assists in conducting Reviews of all governmental disciplines by ensuring that required documents, training, and safety measures are in place. Forwards findings to supervisor for appropriate corrective action.
• Schedule and organize the training schedule for area driver trainer.
• Plan 1H, ergonomic, risk assessment surveys or analysis.
• Assure all applicable training is performed at all locations.
• Meet all compliance and reporting requirements of Federal and State regulations.
• Assist Director of Safety and Compliance in month end safety meetings and data/presentations, which also include compliance presentations at branches, plants, and customer locations.
• Assist in creating training development (videos, power point)
• Assist in setting up and maintaining all Permits and maintain location files.
• Assist in medical manual updates, procedures, and controlling of said documentation.
• Be a member of hazard assessment team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent required. Some college work preferred.
• Three (3) years experience in the industrial gas or related industry.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Demonstrates a clear and effective speaking manner for the purpose of interpreting and explaining related information and/or policies to customers and employees.
• Demonstrates a clear and succinct writing style for the purpose of preparing documents for internal and external distribution.
• Valid driver's license
• Must be able to travel 65% of the time
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.