Eaton Electrical North American Sales (NAS) organization has an opening for a Area Sales Manager. The position is located in Birmingham, AL.
The role will be responsible for managing a customer base, sales resources, products and channels to market to achieve planned results for leading the Birmingham, AL general sales team. This individual will provide leadership and development to a sales team consisting of inside and outside sales professionals and the distributor channels. Expected results include but are not limited to aggressive growth in sales and market share, channel development as well as developing talent within the district.
• Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills of sales techniques, customer interaction, customer relations and employee development
• Leadership style and demonstrated behavior consistent with Eaton’s values and philosophies.
• Experience in growing sales and market share, channel development and developing employee talent
• Analytical thinking capability, leveraging data-driven arguments to make decisions, conduct annual sales operating plans and channel marketing plans.
• Customer Orientation; ability to understand, communicate and meet customer needs.
• Negotiation skills and expertise; ability to cope with ambiguity, and work through complex problems and manage conflict.
• Strong knowledge of LV / MV assemblies is highly preferred to drive growth in the industrial / commercial markets.
• Strong knowledge of commercial / residential distribution products is preferred to drive growth in the commercial markets
• Ability to execute and communicate compelling value proposition and strategy.
• Ability to manage different maturity levels in the market, and varying business cycles.
• Strong knowledge of managing products, product applications and distribution channels
• Ability to influence without authority, in a matrix environment – focus on general sales (construction) and industrial verticals while effectively collaborating with other vertical leaders, sales teams and reps – eg. Utility, OEM, data center.
• Professional presence so that the candidate can clearly command / communicate in difficult sales situations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time