McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is hiring an Area Sales Manager, Long Term Care. The territory is Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Indiana, and Western PA. The ideal candidate will live in Nashville, TN or Louisville, KY.Position Description
Achieve combined sales, gross profit dollar and gross profit percent plans on existing customer base. Measure customer penetration, performance and margin contribution of programs and services in coordination with financial guidelines. Interface with CEO, COO, Vice Presidents and Directors from various departments within customer headquarters, including Sales, Operations, Accounts Payable, Information Technology and Training/Development. Establish, manage and monitor new processes to relieve or alleviate customer business concerns or work flow processes. Visit customer locations as necessary and call on corporate headquarters for monthly, quarterly or annual business reviews that will reveal potential issues causing `pain? in the customers systems. Establish ongoing performance requirements and ensure effective processes to monitor contract agreements to include: service levels, pricing, vendor agreements, and customer support. Identify and target potential new accounts. Cold call and gain access to key decision makers. Present McKesson value proposition and negotiate agreements for new business opportunities.
This high profile position will be responsible for expanding a large region by directing the business activities of eight outside sales representatives, cultivating a system of proactive sales and service delivery, developing strategic account plans, establishing and monitoring sales goals and developing close administrative relationships with key accounts. The individual will be responsible for developing, mentoring and coaching the sales team.
To lead, develop and mentor a Home Care sales team to achieve sales and gross margin expectations. This position is responsible for managing a region by directing the business activities of a team of field account managers (approximately 8), cultivating a system of proactive sales, customer retention and service delivery, developing strategic account plans, establishing and monitoring sales goals, developing key accounts and building new ones.
- Deliver “Our Purpose and Mission” statement through professional business conversations
- Achieve Quarterly & Annual Sales, Gross Profit $ & Gross Profit percentage goals
- Grow New Customer Base
- Drive appropriate category support with McKesson brand and our Preferred Manufacture portfolio of suppliers within the RM’s customer base to maximize customer savings and McKesson profitability
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to his/her team of Sales Representatives
- Forecast, funnel and at risk customer management within the region with account managers and sales associates
- Work by the McKesson ICARE principles -Integrity, Customer-First, Accountability, Respect, Excellence
- 5 years sales or sales management exp
- Demonstrated success selling to C-Suite
- Leadership proficiency
- Post-Acute sales experience
- Financial acumen
- Excellent executive presentation skills with ability to present to all levels
- Must be able to work with internal teams and effectively navigate matrix environment efficiently
- Must be able to travel regularly in assigned territory, up to 75%.
- Long Term Care sales experience preferred
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Benefits & Company Statement
- General Office Demands.
- Ability to travel via automobile and commercial airline frequently.
- Must be able to be in the field at least 3 days/week to include 1-2 overnights/week. Must be able to operate a laptop computer.
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.