McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
McKesson is seeking a dynamic, results-driven sales leader to perform in the role of a Primary Care Area Sales Manager based in San Francisco Bay Area. This high profile position will be responsible for growing both new and existing business by directing the sales activities of high performing outside sales representatives, cultivating a system of proactive sales and service delivery, developing strategic account plans, establishing and monitoring sales goals, and developing close administrative relationships with key accounts.
- Create strategies to obtain new customers and market penetration within the Physician Office and Surgery Center markets
- Hands on development of field reps via traveling within the sales region and also visits with customers to ensure service levels are being met
- Provide reps with the resources they need to quote and close business
- Hire, train and develop sales reps
- Performance management
- Hit all sales related goals (Sales, GP dollar, GP percent, Lab, Flu, etc.)
- 10+ years sales experience
- 7+ years sales management experience
- Experience selling to C-suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translate these into sales solutions
- Track record of leading and inspiring high performing sales teams to exceed sales goals
- Demonstrated financial acumen (compare quarterly trends, year to year growth, margin erosion, etc)
- Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and CRM tools
- Ability to travel daily within assigned region
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Prior healthcare and/or distribution sales strongly preferred
- Mature confidence and self awareness and effective collaboration skills (with internal and external stakeholders)
- Ability to make difficult decisions and have difficult conversations
- Demonstrated sales leadership skills along with experience leading change within an organization
- Demonstrated success in building and growing a new region / territory
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
Benefits & Company Statement
- Must have the ability to travel daily within assigned territory
- Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No Agencies Please
You’re mission driven and so are we. Your military experience aligns to open jobs at McKesson, and we need you to help deliver our mission of helping millions of people get more from their healthcare.