Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company.
Based in Newark , NJ , Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company (PCEC) is a division of Panasonic Corporation of North America , the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation. The company offers a wide range of consumer solutions including products from 4K Smart TVs, Entertainment products, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Appliances, Cordless Phones, Beauty and Grooming products and more. In Interbrand’s 2013 Annual “Best Global Green Brands” report, the Panasonic brand ranked number four, the highest ranked electronics brand in the report.
Currently, PCEC has an immediate opening available for a bi-lingual Chinese Area Sales Representative in Los Angeles
At Panasonic, we are constantly striving to improve and grow both personally and professionally. We put our customer first, and demand only the best. We are looking for those that share our passion. ACCOUNTABILITES:
Maintain and drive sales volumes to achieve forecast and budget for Small Appliances, rice cooker products quarterly and annual basis.
Must clearly understand and be able to execute the following sales competencies - territory analysis, dealer segmentation, product segmentation, business plan creation and analysis, pricing and program negotiations, account management, dealer marketing plans and execution and sales forecasting.
Develop in-depth understanding of account’s marketing opportunities, on line competencies and Point of Sale (POS) sell-thru dynamics analysis and reporting.
- Develop accounts new & existing product assortment to maximize Panasonic market share and strategic product sales aligned with the company’s channel strategy for each channel partner.
- Analyze account sales results, detect trends, assess promotion effectiveness and track PCEC performance against account expectations. Communicate and report back to account based on this analysis that include counter-measures necessary to achieve sales revenue objectives.
- Provide single point of contact for account personnel, take ownership of any account issue and manage resources within PCEC to resolve account issues expeditiously. Proactively communicate status and progress related to any open issues.
- Collect, monitor and track account sales forecast with a high degree of accuracy. Understand the competitive marketplace, industry trends and achieve a comprehensive knowledge of each channel partner’s initiatives.
Resolve account chargebacks in a timely fashion, maintain accurate and concise records of merchandising and marketing funding budgets for those channel partners managed.
Ensure consistent and appropriate representation of Panasonic product and promotions as agreed to by the channel partner on their retail floor, on the web, in daily / weekly ad/promotion rotations.
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Understands account strategy and is able to get others to align their activities and contributions with the strategy. Is able to prioritize activities to achieve desired business results. Ability to develop an understanding of the account that supports logical, analytically sound counter measures to achieve objectives.
- Prepares alternative strategies for discussion with other sales team members, product management and sales management to capitalize on market/account opportunity and address any gaps. #LI-NR1
- 5 years of account, product and sales management experience in the Asian consumer retail industry.
- College education preferred or equal work experience. Proven track record of achieving sales revenue objectives.
- Experience and knowledge of formal sales process from account identification to ongoing business management.
- Strong presentation skills, written and oral communication skills.
- This job is based in Los Angeles, California, and requires nationwide travel.
- Leads and facilitates negotiation sessions and discussions with account for product placement, pricing, programming and promotions.
- Ability to communicate in English and Chinese (Cantonese).
- Works effectively with other team members to develop, communicate and manage account strategies and plans.
- Effectively communicates with the key personnel at the account to manage and maximize account sales.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.
Panasonic endeavors each day to shape a brighter future through the development of technologies designed to improve lives of our customers, employees and community.