Area Sales Team Leader "Area Business Manager" Channel Seed Eastern Nebraska
The Area Business Manager (ABM) is responsible for effectively building a business and developing a team of 10-15 District Sales Managers (DSM) located in Eastern Nebraska
that sell the value of Monsanto's Channel Seed products through the distribution channel. Business Expectations:
- Facilitate team business planning and implementation processes.
- Lead financial and product forecasting, resource allocation, tracking, and reporting efforts for the team and operate within budgets.
- Partner with Strategic Account Managers as strategic management contact with key retail accounts. Build strong, long term relationships with top key accounts in the defined team geography and communicate plan and issues to the SAM team.
- Communicate and collaborate with managers to maximize Monsanto brands' penetration in the geography and collaborate with same brand managers outside the state.
- Ensure the successful implementation of national/regional marketing initiatives at the team level.
- Define District Sales Manager business goals (in conjunction with Marketing and Regional Business Director), tracking metrics, tactics, and timing around strategies as outlined in Area Business Plan.
- Collaborate with Agronomy Managers to maximize product/technical knowledge transfer from Agronomists to DSMs as well as maximize services, information, and sales to preferred growers desiring extensive technical/ agronomic expertise.People Management Expectations:
- Effectively manage DSM's development through interaction with Agronomy Managers to ensure sales effectiveness and technical expertise through appropriate training & education.
- Develop individual District Sales Manager goals (in conjunction with Marketing and Regional Business Director), tracking metrics, tactics, and timing around strategies outlined in Area Business Plan.
- Ensure team performs job related tasks in a safe manner according to Monsanto policy and procedures.
- Identify and facilitate team training. Champion the employee personal/career development process.
- Conduct annual review and compensation process.
- Be champion of Monsanto Company corporate decisions and communications.
- Serve as an integral part of the Regional Leadership Team.
- Bachelors degree required; Masters preferred (agronomy, agriculture, business, biology or related field preferred)
- Minimum of five years of people management, sales, marketing, and/or account management experience preferred
- Ability to influence, coach and manage people remotely
- Financial, time, and territory management proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people, priorities and projects simultaneously
- Recognized for leadership, people management, and relationship building / teaming skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Experience working in the seed industry recommended
- Ability to successfully work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Basic computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook)
- Ability to pass a background check, substance abuse test, and driving record background check (i.e., moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.)
- Trait and Seed knowledge and experience in general agronomics, pest management, and plant physiology desirable
- Desire for long term career advancement (i.e., Marketing, Product Management, Logistics, Training, Finance)
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment
- Willingness to relocate
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.