This position is responsible for providing vision, leadership, and direction to the local respective Area staff, assist with developing business strategies, and implementing action plans to meet Area's objectives. Responsibilities also include involvement with all aspects of branch operations to include service, and administrative functions, to profitably grow the area business.
• Responsible for implementing plans, programs, and processes designed to meet or exceed respective Area's goals and objectives as well as maximizing market potential in all businesses segments to include new bookings (sales), revenue, and profitability.
• Responsible for managing the respective Area to an approved financial plan which includes operating expenses, manpower, capital, and inventory.
• Responsible for the identification, selection, and development of potentially new and existing accounts such as architects and engineers, electrical contractors, major end users, and general contractors with the emphasis on expanding our customer base and product breadth.
• Responsible for maintaining effective customer communications along with building solid customers relationships from initial contact through order acquisition, delivery and installation, and service.
• Ensure contractual obligations are fulfilled while quickly resolving customer complaints concerning installation and service issues, thereby minimizing customer concerns and enhancing customer relations.
• Responsible for setting fair and manageable territories for service coverage.
• Ensure that fair and effective performance measures are assigned, and that employees are motivated to achieve and / or exceed their assigned goals and objectives utilizing sound management tools and practices.
• Organize, develop, and empower local staff into a cohesive and effective team trained and motivated to grow the business.
• Responsible for hiring quality individuals who possess the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience required to fill open job positions.
• Identify areas such as business and product knowledge, where training and development will enhance the local office's opportunity to meet current and future business needs.
• Maintain an open channel of communications among all departments and personnel to insure consistent dialogue designed to foster initiative and maintain employee morale.
• Ensures that all employees comply with corporate safety programs.
• Responsible for ensuring that employee safety training is thorough, complete, and up-to-date.
• Identifies safety issues and hazards and notifies corporate safety officer of those conditions that require corrective actions.
• Responsible for ensuring that corporate policies associated with affirmative action and equal employment opportunity for all are fully implemented, managed, and monitored.
• Abides by Federal, State and local laws and regulations, as well as Company policies and procedures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned
Job Level Summary Information
Scope: This position is responsible for providing vision, leadership, and direction to the local office staff, developing business strategies, and implementing action plans to meet Area's objectives. Responsibilities also include involvement with all aspects of branch operations to include service, and administrative functions, to profitably grow the area business.
Impact : High
Problem Solving: High level of problem solving ability required
People/Function Management: Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Supervision Received: Self-directed, with minimal guidance
Customer Focus: High level of interactions with multiple finance and operational business partners
Interpersonal Skills: Excellent influencing and leadership skills - ability to quickly build rapport, credibility and trust at senior level
Preferred Education: Bachelor degree preferably in a business or engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
Minimum Preference Experience: Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in an integrated systems sales/service environment with a portion of time spent in a supervisory role.
• Strong, positive leadership skills. Action oriented.
• Strong understanding of P&L components and relationships
• Proficient with MS Office as well as online systems.
• Demonstrated management/leadership abilities to include training, team building, presentation and negotiation skills, branch administration, and effective interaction with customer/company management.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background screening, drug test, and possess a valid driver's license, and acceptable driving record.
• Managerial courage
• Results driven
• Conflict management
• Organizational agility
• Relationship building
• Talent development
• Customer focus
• Displays and champions integrity and trust
• Action oriented
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.