At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
To undertake such a huge task, we need an Area Supply Chain Supervisor that will be a solid contributor and leader. They will report to the Area Managers within the Supply Chain department. The primary focus will be to ensure compliance to all inventory control policies and procedures as well as DOT policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the execution and compliance of effective Supply Chain Management policies, procedures, and planning.
- Responsible for Inventory accuracy, Inventory count process and for driving weekly inventory reconciliation activities. Conducts periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures with the Regional Supply Chain Manager to ensure maximum efficiency and service delivery.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and recommend staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store equipment and company vehicles.
- Analyzes inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Provide leadership through effective goal setting, delegation, communication, and review of departmental metrics for appropriate action. Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure that personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Discusses areas needing improvements.
- Train, direct, mentor and coordinate Supply Chain personnel.
- Monitor and coordinate Install forecasts and to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities and adjust activities as necessary.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Sales, Installation and Finance to determine process improvements.
- Be the first point of contact for logistics incidents and deviations at the warehouse level and report up to logistics manager or coordinator
- Responsible for interviewing and selecting new candidates for employment.
- Responsible for disciplinary actions up to and to include termination if necessary
- Continuous personal career development, learning, and growth
- Must have strong negotiation, communication, decision-making and analytical skills.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Access) and Google applications
- Must be well organized good supervisory abilities
- Must have clear and effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence behaviors to create a safer working environment.
- Must have effective time management and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Team oriented, flexible and able to work with minimal supervision
- Previous experience leading a team of hourly warehouse or inventory personnel
- Must have experience in conflict resolution and diffusion
- Must have experience supervising multiple facilities within a region
- Must have experience traveling and managing an itinerary as this position requires 50% travel in three states
Employees of Vivint Solar must submit to a criminal history check, motor vehicles check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.