Job Description Join us on our exciting journey!
IQVIA™ is The Human Data Science Company™, focused on using data and science to help healthcare clients find better solutions for their patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness advances in healthcare information, technology, analytics and human ingenuity to drive healthcare forward.Description
Manage and direct all aspects of Information Technology (IT) service delivery
- Manage staff in accordance with organization's policies and applicable legislation. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters, including salary administration
- Independently handle personnel issues, conflict management, define goals that increase knowledge and skills of staff, and define staff expectations, without involvement of senior managers
- May contribute to discussions on implementation of IT strategy on a regional basis and implement objectives, as appropriate. Ensure staff have a consistent understanding and positive impression of business strategy for regional and global objectives
- Provide technical leadership and management of IT projects from conception through deployment. Establish project budgets, resource plans, milestones, tracking metrics, and success measures
- Provide IT infrastructure support, including local area network, wide area network, PBX, voice communications, servers, desktop systems, end-user assistance (help desk), and related technologies
- Ensure adherence to IT standards and procedures. Ensure all work meets computer systems validation requirements, and that any issues identified in QA or customer audits are properly addressed
- Develop and test the IT disaster recovery plan in conjunction with the site's business continuity plan. Provide consulting assistance to site management in the development of the business continuity plan
- Ensure all IT activities conform to IT security standards and that all data and systems are properly protected. Ensure proactive monitoring exists to detect intrusions, violations, or other unauthorized attempts to access or manipulate data or systems, whilst maintaining customer confidentiality at all times
- Develop backup/restoration/archiving plan. Prepare capital and operating budgets; monitor and track expenses.
- Negotiate service, support, lease, and consulting agreements
- Provide tools and technologies to facilitate ad-hoc end-user access to data. Identify new technologies and methods to provide end-users broader capability to meet their own information needs without compromising the integrity of the over IT infrastructure. Provide training and assistance to end-users in the use of such tools or technologies
- Perform other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• *Must have experience with 'Argus Safety'**
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong staff management skills and the ability to effectively manage teams
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 10 years IT experience including previous management experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach but also the right people
. Regardless of your role, we invite you to reimagine healthcare with us. You will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve human health outcomes.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
We invite you to join IQVIA™.