ARNP Senior Healthcare Center- Village/Crown Pointe, Gainesville
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Posted: October 02, 2017
Reference ID: 00039-12236
Senior Healthcare Centers are outpatient departments of North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is located in Gainesville, Florida and is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care facility serving 14 counties in North-Central Florida. NFRMC offers comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, weight loss surgery and treatment, women's health, wound therapy, diabetes and senior care. NFRMC is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA).
Clinic Hours are Monday through Friday 8am-5pm. This position is located at the Village (3 days/week) and Crown Pointe (2 days/week) locations in Gainesville, Florida. Collaboration with other Senior Healthcare Centers and hospital department team members is anticipated with potential to hold provider clinics in any of our Senior Healthcare Center locations. http://www.seniorprimarycare.com/
Our ARNP nurse practitioner will develop and maintain a patient panel providing direct primary care services to elders.
Responsibilities with a geriatric care focus include:
- Patient appointments such as annual physicals, follow up care for chronic disease monitoring, work-in acute issue management, hospitalization follow up, etc.
- Assess HPI, review of system, and physical exam
- Medication reconciliation
- Order clinically sound treatment plan
- Order, review, monitor and treat lab work
- Order, review, monitor and treat diagnostic and preventative waived testing and screenings
- Assign appropriate diagnosis code
- Refer patients to appropriate specialists, internal programs, and community resources
- Patient and community education
- Documentation within electronic health record (eClinicalWorks)
- Maintain quality care monitors for positive patient outcomes
- Some after-hours on call requirements anticipated
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, computer usage. Proficient in using computer applications software. Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Knowledge and use of ICD and CPT coding, anatomy, physiology and medical terminology. Ability to work in an office environment, attend meetings, work independently and in interdisciplinary team settings. Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work.
1 - 3 years related experience.
Education Required and/or Preferred:
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing plus completion of training as a Nurse Practitioner.
ARNP license in the State of Florida.