Position Summary:The AS/400 Application Development Senior Manager will provide leadership and guidance for design, development, and implementation of application projects and Tier 3 production support of application code within core RxCLAIM Adjudication. The AS/400 Application Senior Manager will also manage relationships between IT and business owners to ensure that IT is proactively identifying and providing strategic opportunities to advance the business goals, through technology. In this role you will lead a team of development resources, who identify, design and deliver technology solutions to achieve defined business objectives.
- To manage the delivery of RxCLAIM impacted CVS Caremark Strategic and Regularity / Compliance programs/projects through the complete lifecycle from aspiration through to Operations. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meet`s business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget. Projects may be internally resourced and via third parties.
- Accountable for coordinating with required IT colleagues to ensure appropriate IT resources required to support the development and maintenance of applications in their area is effectively pulled together.
- Performs the role of IT Project Owner, as required for projects.
- To monitor and manage the project process and track progress against milestones, deadlines and budget. Project administration including forecasting setup and tracking, project financials, time/expense reconciliation and enforcement of standards
- Ensure timely and appropriate generation, collection, dissemination and storage of project information prepare project status reports and keep upper IS management, business clients and others informed of project status and related issues.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team of IT professionals in establishment and execution of application development strategy.
- Establish and maintain application design and development standards. Establish quality review standards and process. Support and manage pre-production & production environments.
- Effectively delegate work to team members; challenge team members to develop as leaders while serving as a role model and mentor.
- Work closely with teams to provide benchmarked solutions to complex technical project requirements or client needs, including technical design, problem resolution, implementation and operational issues.
- Partner with project leader or manager, as appropriate, to identify technical or functional requirements and alternatives to accomplish project’s need, while providing accurate estimates for project development and implementation.
- Assist in establishment of and adherence to technical direction, standards, guidelines and methodology for use in specified technologies in own discipline.
- Assist in building and managing appropriate Technical and Functional Subject Matter Experts.
- Transfer knowledge to team members through counseling and consultation; assist in performance review process by providing feedback on technical ability at end of each project. Drives hiring and the termination process. Coaches and mentors team members.
- Plan for and acquire team resource needs, making the most effective use of people involved with the project – this entails day-to-day team management, team communication, identifying and leveraging strong skills while developing others To work with matrixed teams and understanding how to obtain consensus across multiple departments and across groups with sometimes conflicting priorities.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders. To manage vendors and vendor relationships as well as both internal and contract resources.
- Maintains an awareness of changes in CVS business strategies, and those of competitors, and their implications for information systems.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Past experience with establishing and reporting on project and service level metrics to ensure that work is delivered efficiently, effectively and that processes are continually improved for both the internal and external customer.
- Proven leadership skills around resource planning, delegating, estimating and prioritizing work and team development.
- Professional presentation skills, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel skills
- Ability to present complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to audiences at various levels.
- Development experience in numerous IT applications, tools, languages and infrastructure.
- Experience enhancing development standards and understanding of IT security and compliance remediation activities.
- Experience effectively communicating upward in the IT and business organization. Attention to detail, even while handling multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to maximize the potential of employees via coaching and focused development. Proven knowledge and understanding of the software development life-cycle.
Preferred Qualifications:- Prior experience on the AS/400 (Power iSeries) or Mainframe
- Minimum of 10 years of IT experience
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing IT development teams as Development Manager
- iSeries/Mainframe architecture preferred
- Experience leading AS/400 project teams to effectively deliver quality solutions, with optimized code preferred
- Experience in the development and management of an annual budget, including financial analysis preferred
- Understanding of the ITIL/PMP framework of service management best practices
- Knowledge of the PBM industry is desirable Education:- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Diploma/GED accompanied by equivalent work experience.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking AA EEO CVS Health
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/
A little about us: