Job Description: The ASMO Sales Development Manager - Cloud/Datacenter for Ericsson reports into the Global Account Director for Ericsson. This is a commissioned sales position in the Global Accounts Sales Group and will primarily be located in Intel's offices in Dallas or Santa Clara.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing the sales & marketing plan to grow Intel's business with Ericsson in the Cloud/Datacenter domain towards leading Communications Service Providers, Cloud Service Providers, and Enterprise customers in the Americas. The successful candidate will have a solid technical background in data center, mobile core network, wireless access and experience working at or with leading Telco Cloud TEMs, OEMs & ISVs who are selling solutions into the Cloud/Datacenter/Enterprise domains. The Cloud/Datacenter Sales Development Manager will work closely with Ericsson's regional sales and marketing organizations to define and build a common framework how to best accelerate and scale business opportunities across the Americas. The work also includes working closely with ASMO Marketing, Service Provider Business Development Managers (BDMs) and related business units to identify sales opportunities, manage the regional sales pipeline and drive the complete sales process to meet milestone, design wins & revenue goals.
In addition to having deep technical background, the candidate should have business development & partnering skills to qualify opportunities for Cloud/Datacenter solutions, to develop & respond to RFPs, to set up successful engineering trials and to work with customers to manage commercial launch plans to schedule.
The candidate will also need the confidence and communication skills necessary to develop relationships with senior internal stakeholders to drive roadmap decisions & customer escalations. The ideal candidate will also have experience working in a regional role that required developing a customer engagement plan, traveling frequently across the ASMO region, working with local sales team/system integrators and effectively influencing senior decision makers within the service provider customer to win new business.
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or related technical field; Master's is a plus
- >10 years telecom industry experience with 5 years hands-on experience in Cloud & NFV projects
- Able to explain in detail the network transformation occurring at leading wireless service providers and describe Intel's role and opportunities
- Good understanding of Intel Data Center Group products, solutions and how service providers are using these technologies to offer new services to consumers.
- Broad understanding of service provider core and access network technologies and transformation to software-defined networks and network function virtualization.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to identify & describe next generation approaches for using Intel products to solve key business issues that our service provider customers are facing.
- Ability to describe complex technology solutions in business terms and demonstrate business value to customers.
- Experience in setting and implementing ASMO regional strategic plans and strategies in synchronization with worldwide and in-geo stakeholders.
- Solid track record of creating and managing virtual teams across ASMO region to meet sales targets & objectives.
- Proven ability to negotiate and influence decisions at senior levels within Intel, our partners and customers.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.