Aspera, an IBM company, is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's big data and content at maximum speed regardless of size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy® award-winning FASP ™ protocol, Aspera software enables customers to fully utilize their available network bandwidth to deliver the fastest, most predictable file-transfer and live streaming experience. Aspera's core technology delivers unprecedented transfer performance and control with complete security and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries around the world rely on Aspera software for the business-critical transport of their digital assets.
Currently, Aspera has a Product Marketing Manager opportunity in their Emeryville, CA office. The Product Marketing Manager will need to work as a technical product champion for Aspera's technologies, products and solutions. This position will work closely with internal and external facing stakeholders to ensure Aspera's product marketing plans are developed and executed well to successfully market the latest Aspera capabilities and solutions to the market.
The ideal candidate will have an engineering background; (preferably in software/SaaS and network technology) and possess the ability to use this technical knowledge, and insight along with a talent and creativity in writing to distill detailed product information and concepts into relevant and compelling marketing content that helps attract and engage customer's. This position will become the subject matter expert on Aspera's technology, products and solutions.
• Become the product expert; develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical analyses of competitive strengths and weaknesses;
• Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop strategies that will achieve targeted product market share and revenue;
• Work with engineering and technical staff to understand and clearly communicate product and solution architecture and deployment diagrams;
• Create and publish industry solution briefs and customer success stories;
Develop joint partner solution content and data sheets to demonstrate how Aspera technology is integrated with third party software solutions and the value of the combined solution to customers;
• Create customer facing product content (Power Point presentations; product demonstrations; videos; white papers, etc.);
• Participate at events and evangelize the differentiated value proposition of the product(s);
• Create self-contained product demonstrations and videos, as well as interactive product/technology/company presentations to be used in online marketing and as sales or support collateral;
• Develop keynote presentations to be used by sales and business development teams.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.