Aspera, an IBM company is the creator of next-generation transport technologies that move the world's data at maximum speed regardless of file size, transfer distance and network conditions. Based on its patented, Emmy award-winning FASP™ protocol, Aspera software fully utilizes existing infrastructures to deliver the fastest, most predictable file transfer experience. Aspera's core technology delivers unprecedented control over bandwidth, complete and uncompromising reliability. Organizations across a variety of industries on six continents rely on Aspera software for the business critical transport of their digital assets.
Aspera has an opportunity for a Sr. Technical Support Engineer. This position will be located in their Emeryville, CA office. The Sr. Technical Support Engineer will provide technical expertise to our clients on best practices for their implementation, upgrades and daily use of Aspera's software. The ideal candidate will have experience as a support engineer working with enterprise software; have a broad knowledge of Windows/Linux operating systems, application software; and IP networks; possess strong troubleshooting, problem solving and customer service skills.
• Provide daily technical support to Aspera's technical users (i.e. via phone, email, web meetings);
• Troubleshoot issues in the deployment of Aspera's high-speed transfer software in enterprise environments. This includes troubleshooting networking, web apps, operating system; file system and user management issues;
• Represent Aspera to customers in a professional and positive manner;
• Develop expert understanding of Aspera's software solutions and respond to customer inquiries about the features and capabilities of Aspera's software products;
• Ensure prompt and complete resolution of technical challenges and business issues;
• Proactively identify and implement solutions and enhancements to ensure customers' long term success;
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure customer requirements are being met;
• Develop custom scripts, web tools and technical explanations to support customers in the use of the Aspera product;
• Position will be required to be on-call on a rotating basis throughout the year.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.