Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, NY is looking for an Assembler to work first shift in our Large Castings department.
Primary Function: Perform a variety of mechanical assembly, fitting, wiring and miscellaneous related duties to completely assemble a wide variety of explosion-proof and non-explosion proof products and sub-assemblies including a considerable number of details and multiple circuit wiring.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Required to assemble and adjust terminal blocks, wire switches, circuit breakers, lights, and other production, short order or special explosion-proof products following standard methods and procedures.
- Inspect hub arrangements to specifications and drawings. Material usually supplied by others.
- Inspect and check hole arrangements to specifications and drawings, using available jigs and fixtures to facilitate work; file and remove burrs; fit nuts and nipples; apply grease to screw threads and screw on covers or oil cover and body and check for tight joints using feeler gauge; tighten bolts on cover and set aside for pickup; assemble nameplates to covers as necessary.
- Use such tools as files, scrapers and miscellaneous other hand or power tools.
- Work from bills of material, simple wiring diagrams, drawings, verbal instructions, operation sheets, etc. Perform resin and chico operations as required.
- Check for, diagnose and correct mechanical defects using continuity light and other testing devices.
- Use special care in preparation and inspection of all mating surfaces in explosion-proof assemblies.
- Pack, label and seal as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed and standard safety regulations. Refer unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain and report accurate record of all time and occurrences as prescribed.
- Perform a variety of related or associated duties as required or directed.
- Maintain visual boards as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position
- Mechanical and/or electrical assembly experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience reading wiring diagrams and drawings
- Experience working with measuring instruments
- Application of some specialized knowledge and experience and the use of judgment to plan and perform sequence of operations or procedures within limits of standard or recognized methods and established precedent.
- Light physical effort, equivalent to continuous very light, frequent light, occasional average, but rarely heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
- Ability to read drawings and wiring diagrams and interpret specifications is preferred.
- Ability to use adjustable measuring instruments, volt-meter, ohmmeter, and buzzer.
- Some knowledge of principles of mechanics, characteristics of materials, fundamentals of electricity and wiring or ordinary circuits is preferred.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.