Mentor Worldwide, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Assembler (2nd shift), to be located in Irving, TX.
Mentor is a trusted global leader in aesthetic medicine among both consumers and clinicians by providing a broad range of innovative, science and clinical-based solutions to maintain, enhance, and restore self-esteem and quality of life. The company has products and services in three areas of aesthetics: breast (augmentation and reconstruction), body and face.
• Responsible for assembling and/or producing products according to detailed manufacturing processes.
• Operates small equipment, cutter machines, jigs, filling equipment, and assembly fixtures and standard measuring instruments.
• Performs assembly of molded rubber part sub-assemblies.
• Monitors and responds to equipment and process issues that may lead to non-compliance.
• Notifies shift/team leader and area technician when tools or equipment need maintenance or repairs.
• Accountable for adhering to and enforcing all quality and safety guidelines.
• Identifies and elevates all immediate and potential quality, safety, or environmental issues (material, procedure, and process) as observed.
• Inspects assemblies and sub-assemblies devices.
• Reviews device records, follow established procedures, and prepares necessary documentation as required.
• Must maintain good manufacturing and documentation practices in accordance to procedures outlined according to cGMPs
• Flexibility to cross train to other departments according to business needs.
• Provide training to new employees or other team members as requested in manufacturing processes with the support of the coordinator.
• Maintains an updated and current training record and adheres to training timelines.
• Participates in safety initiatives and programs by either joining Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or reporting unsafe practices/conditions to shift/team leader.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities for process and equipment.
• Helps to meet daily efficiencies by focused approach to performing tasks compliantly and safely according to procedure/process.
• Other duties may be assigned.
• High School Education or GED is required. A two year Associates degree or technical schooling is desired.
• Manufacturing experience preferred.
• Medical device experience preferred.
• Ability to read and understand written instructions and be able to perform simple mathematical operations.
• Ability to read manufacturing blueprints.
• May require periods of walking, standing, sitting as well and hand dexterity and ability to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Microsoft Office experience is required.
• Proficiency in an ERP or MES software application is preferred.
• Schedule for this position is currently Monday- Friday 100pm-930pm.Primary Location
Mentor Texas LP (6182)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.