Eaton in Sherman, TX is seeking a full-time Assembler- Commercial to work second shift.
- Affixes a variety of sub-assemblies to inside of enclosures and metering products following print layouts, verbal and written instructions.
- Uses pneumatic and manual hand tools to secure the component parts as appropriate. Labels enclosures with appropriate product information.
- Checks quality of assembled parts and finished enclosure.
- Lifts finished enclosures into boxes for shipment, cuts, forms and tapes boxes for appropriate sizing using hand tools. Palletizes boxes.
- Performs first article inspections.
- Performs 5S & Continuous Improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Sherman, TX will be considered
- Experience in a machine shop/sheet metal processing manufacturing environment
- Assembly or subassembly experience in a production environment
- Experience reading blueprints and using simple measuring tools
- Ability to lift 40 lbs occasionally to frequently (33-66%) and up to 75 lbs. occasionally
- Ability to stand for eight hours plus and perform repetitious tasks
- Ability to read blueprints and use simple measuring tools
- Ability to follow directions, work independently and close attention to detail
- Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.