Follow routine, and semi-routine, manufacturing processes at an intermediate level of complexity, under general supervision, with a good understanding of the technical aspect of the job. Meet production quality and output requirements as specified by each area.
Major Duties and Tasks
- Able to perform all duties and tasks defined at the A1 level (see 7 defined duties/tasks for A1)
- Participate in routine cycle counts
- Provide hands on training with job instructions (JI's)
- Initiate non-conforming material reports of failed components
- Understand when to escalate work stoppages and quality escapes to senior staff
- Perform quality checks and provide feedback to other operators
- Participate in continuous improvement activities at an individual contributor (vs lead) level
- Perform basic to intermediate level of troubleshooting and problem resolution in assigned area
- Proficient knowledge of manufacturing process
- Apply good judgment in moderate level problem solving situations
- Proficient in using e-mail for giving and receiving information.
- Communicate status and passdown information effectively, verbally and in written correspondence
Physical Requirements (common to, and equivalent across all levels of assembly, A1-A4)
- Able to repetitively bend, kneel, turn, and lift throughout an 8 hour shift to perform daily assigned tasks
- Able to perform repetitive and sometimes tedious tasks throughout an 8 hour shift such as labeling, scanning, and integration of components at a consistent pace as defined by takt times and/or daily area output requirements
- Able to lift and/or place material that weighs up to 40 pounds on a workbench, a cart, or in a system. Lifting height includes placing material at knee level, and up to chest level.
- Able to operate a material handling lift for anything over 40 lbs or above chest level or below knee level
- Able to push or pull carts and systems weighing up to 550 lbs, with the assistance of another operator or by using an electric pallet jack
- Able to stand for 2 hour increments throughout a hour work day
- 1-2 years high technology manufacturing experience
Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies.
Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from standard practice is needed. Normally receives detailed instructions for new assignments. Typically 1 - 2 years of related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.